Monday, May 9, 2022

5/9/22

 Dear Family,

     If any of you have any muscle pain I recommend a tens unit.  It delivers slight shock which confuses the area to reduce pain (and it strengthens the muscles around pain just like good physical therapy!).  Anyway, Bobby asked me, “What setting is your tens unit at?”  When I told him “Eight,” he replied, “That’s shocking.”

In light of May the 4th be with you, Youth group had a Star Wars theme.  I recalled a love note I had written to Bobby and had to share the words with a teen sitting next to me.  ” I love you to Alderaan and back” is what it said.  The teen and I giggled because Bobby had to tell me the planet Alderaan had been blown up.

To make a trivia question more exciting Bobby started searching thru his wallet to find ones.  This was disturbing to me in that it looked like he was showing off how many other bills he had.  One teen had to tease me with, “You’re not going to financially recover from this!”

            The next youth group night a student leaned over towards me and said, “I haven’t watched a Star Wars movie in a year.  I’m telling you, not Bobby, because he couldn’t handle it.”

            Bobby put forth a quiz with pictures of star wars characters on it for people to name.  Several characters were hard enough that people were doubting they were even in star wars.  Others were obvious. When Bobby said, “I’ll take the name, ‘baby Yoda’ for Grogu,” there was loud hilarious outrage from one student in particular. 

            Bobby and I enjoyed going to a birthday party and wedding this weekend.  I loved one of the wedding vows, “You are kind, thoughtful, and extremely hot.” 

            I may love a good chuckle but what really touches my heart is when Seth puts away dishes or cleans the bathroom and when Bobby brings in a trash can.  Acts of service are a simple way to say I love you and I don’t want you to have to do this.  I appreciate my family.

            I enjoyed spending some time with Seth and Bobby for Mother's day.  Adriel has Covid so please pray for her to get better soon.

            May you find it in your heart to do for your family as well.  May you be kind, delight in those you love, and be purposeful about encouraging each other.  Much love,

 

 

Cristy  



No comments:

Post a Comment