Monday, May 2, 2022

5/2/22

 Dear Family,

 

Have you ever had a bad day when you think, “Everyone hates everyone!”  One of our teens said this out loud at youth group and this was met by another teen saying, “I don’t know about you but, I love all, you guys.”  An immediate ripple of, “Aww, we love you too!” came back and I was impressed by how immediate this feedback was.  Also how the entire mood of the night seemed to brighten.

Yet, the teens remain funny.  One burped and said, “Oh a lot more came up than I wanted.”  Goodness!

One of the fun parts of the youth group is introducing people who haven’t read much of the Bible to God and his word.  Sometimes the things we say are shocking.  “Jesus’ brothers thought he was crazy.”  (Mark 3:20-21 20 Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. 21 When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.”)  Also, wait, “Jesus had siblings?”  “Yes, half-siblings – Mary didn’t stay a virgin forever.”

Another shocker was that there are other gods mentioned in the Bible.  “Wait, other gods?” Yeah, Dagon is the one they are talking about in 1 Samuel 5.  So a youth went on Amazon during youth group to buy a Bible.  Bobby was excited to give her one from his office.  How fun to see the stories we have grown up with new eyes. 

Bobby and I reminisced about how grown-up Seth is and how glad he has learned to navigate cleaning around so many different events going on for his custodial job at church.  (Awana on Monday, Bible studies, Youth Groups, etc., etc.)  It would make my head spin too when I wanted to clean the whole church but half the rooms are in use.

Bobby and I went on a day trip to watch our nephew play Baseball.  When Bobby drives we take his car. 

I missed mine and said wistfully, there’s a lot of awesome things in my car... Like gum, water, lotion . . .  Bobby came back with, “There’s a lot of things in my car also, Me!”

            My favorite part of watching baseball was the head games the pitcher and runner had about stealing bases.  Braeden’s team got two people out on that cat and mouse dance.  The most exciting thing to me was when a foul ball flew over the fence and various crowds would yell, “Foul!”  I wanted to yell “fore!” but Bobby wouldn’t let me.

            I loved chatting with Anita and hugging the two kids that came and Adriel.  Anita said the cutest thing.  I was trying to figure out how the bases stayed in place and she said there is a peg that goes into the ground.  “It’s like earrings for the ground.”  That was a fun analogy.

            I was delighted in seeing my sister.  May your family also bring you joy.  May you be blessed as you go and blessed as you come.  May you find joy in the sun and delight in the rain.  Love and hugs,

 

 

Cristy



Selfie taken by and with permission of Anita :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment