Sunday, May 22, 2022

Scare others?

 Dear Family,

 

            Did you experience the crazy spring weather like I did this week?  It was so sunny outside I didn’t bring my coat to work on Thursday.  By the time I drove there (a 15-minute drive) there was a downpour!  I laughed and ran to work.  I asked a coworker, “Wasn’t it just sunny?”  He said, “This is Oregon, you should know better not to bring your coat.”  He had a good point – I just laughed even harder.  Rain doesn’t kill people, it brings life and good smells.

            Ryland and Mariah’s Bridal Shower was very nice.  Our church tradition feels like we are ready to laugh so people were asked to tell funny stories on Ryland.  The only one Bobby could think of was when one of the youth was telling people how to pick up chickens (particularly babies).  Ryland became a bit agitated about the thought and said, “I just don’t know how to pick up chicks!”  Immediately after he said it there was blushing about the double meaning.

            Adriel was in the middle of school so wasn’t able to attend the Bridal shower.  I asked her if she wanted some of Christine’s flourless chocolate cake.  The immediate response was, “Yes!  1,000%.”  I love the extra 0 and Adriel got the last one.

            We have introduced 5th graders into the youth group.  I am amazed at the physical maturity gap!  We have chipmunk voices again.  I love the newness of the youth group.  One student commented about the lesson, “Fill in the blanks.  There are blanks!?  I love blanks!”  Another student had to comment, “Well then you would love my mind.

            When looking up a book in the bible a student said, “It’s in the New Testament I think.”  Bobby had to say, “No it’s the old.”  I chuckled at the quick, “Dang it!”

            One blank included how we can be good to those around us.  _ _ _ _ _ others.  One person guessed, “Smell?”  Another, “Scare?”  Silly gooses!  It was serve.  I enjoy the guessing and interaction.

            Bobby had us paint croquet balls in preparation for Crazy Croquet on Saturday.  This way everyone knew which ball was theirs.  Saturday was sunny all the way and for that I am thankful.

            Bobby made yummy Au Jus one night and enchiladas the other.  I am so glad he enjoys cooking.  I am also so glad we have figured out our chores and are content in doing them.

            May you find peace in the relationships you have.  May you delight in the beautiful flowers popping up everywhere.  May you find love in all your encounters and may you rejoice in knowing a loving God.  Love and hugs,

 

 

Cristy




 

No comments:

Post a Comment