Monday, May 30, 2022

5/30/22

 Dear Family,

 

We celebrated twenty-six years of marriage early last weekend at the Kalama McMenamins.  We enjoyed being leisurely, thrift store shopping, and my favorite part was the hidden rooms in the hotel.  That is such a cool idea.  I am willing to go to any hotel that has hidden rooms for us to find.  I read about the hidden rooms and was searching.  They were very hidden but Bobby pushed on a secret panel and there we were!  We had never found a secret room before 😁

When Bobby asked the youth group what their favorite gift was one person answered with her cell phone.  When asked why she said it helped her feel connected to friends.  It helped her feel connected to family and the internet.  Another student said, “It doesn’t help me feel connected, I just am.”  Bobby replied with, “OK, Neo.”

Bobby had a youth lead prayer one night.  Then Bobby acted like a squirmy youth which brought a bit too much enjoyment from Bobby and laughter from the leader.  Rich didn’t hear that he was the first to pray so it was very quiet when we were supposed to start.  Switching things up can be way too fun.

Homegroup was lovely.  I enjoy singing, learning about God, and studying His word more in-depth.  Getting to know our friends better is a fun added bonus.

Celebrating graduation comes early when your friend graduates with a Masters from California!  We enjoyed talking with a pastor friend, his family, and friends as we celebrated his freedom from future schooling.

Even though I hate ribs I am very glad Bobby made them for dinner because that means I don’t have to cook.  I love that he and Seth are happily eating food I don’t like.  When I used to cook I believed Bobby was such a picky eater.  What I truly believe now is that whoever cooks will make what they want – everyone has no problem knowing all the things they like.  It’s those they serve that are now the picky ones.  This is why I say, “Thank you for making dinner” even if I don’t want to eat it.  Yay, I didn’t have to cook.  Everyone who puts time and effort into a meal should be thanked.  It’s usually gone faster than it took to prepare.

Seth coughed and I said, “Do you want Cold Calm?” His response was, “I only coughed once mom!”  I had to retort with, “Take at the first sign!”  This conversation gives me joy because it reminds me of my mother who is also quick to hand out remedies.  It’s how we show love.

May you also love all those you encounter.  May you find joy in each person you meet.  May you be God’s light as you shine, sing and smile.  Love and hugs,

 

 

Cristy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment