Monday, December 30, 2019

12/30/19


Dear family,
Celebrating Jesus come to earth is so wonderful!  Candlelight service is stunning.  Gathering with family is good and fun.  Presents are always welcome.  I enjoyed watching Bobby open his presents because I forgot about half of them.  Happy surprises for everyone! 
I enjoyed walking several times with Bobby and going to Jame Nagels’ wedding.  Our youth are growing up.  I love seeing them marry and multiply. 
Bobby and I played a new game, Race for the Galaxy, a couple of times.  I am glad we enjoy learning new things together.
I enjoyed walking around town with the youth group.  They are a fun group of people.  Bobby has a yearly event after Christmas and I think it’s wonderful. 

Bobby helped put boxes under the house.  Christmas decorations are put away.  I am thankful for his strength.
On the way to James’ wedding, we listened to the book, “Dad is Fat” by Jim Gaffigan.  It was funny and gave us good laughs.  I am not done with it yet but from what we heard he uses good clean humor and I love that.  Also, learning the intricacies of living with 5 young children in a two-bedroom apartment is fascinating. 
Adriel has been dog sitting at another house this week.  I walked with her and the three little yappers one time this week.  My friend described them as, “Little kick me dogs.”  I would never do that but the description always makes me chuckle.
                This is a direct quote from Seth about his favorite food, “Pretzel companies can’t always get the salt right.  If there’s too much it hurts to eat.  If there isn’t enough salt it’s just eating expensive bread.  I’m not going to wet the pretzel and dip it in salt to fix a mistake they made at the bakery.”
                Seth cleaned bathrooms and scrubbed his door in anticipation of company.  I am very glad for his help.  Seth also did a great job doing slides for a Christmas eve service.  He said the only reason he got through it was because of the two candy canes he brought with him.  “By the way, we are running low.”
Our cat has an interesting habit of walking through the sensor as the garage door is closing.  She is like a three-year-old with a light switch.  I believe she has a power trip.   Keep this in mind because Skyra does play a role in the next paragraph. 
                I was being safe before I left the house.  I mentioned to Seth how I locked the front door to keep him safe.  Then I left – happy as a clam.  Seth has never yelled at me in person.  I believe this is the first time he yelled at me virtually.

May you find a great scapegoat for all your mistakes.  (One that doesn’t mind of course.)  May you feel joy in knowing that Jesus volunteered to be our scapegoat because of His great love.  May His coming to earth give your life true meaning.  Much Love,


Cristy


No comments:

Post a Comment