Monday, December 2, 2019

12/2/19


Dear Family,

                Being thankful brings Joy!  Do you feel it?  Wasn’t last week wonderful!   God blessed us with a Safe drive up to Seattle and back.  I am so glad my family is flexible enough to let us join them on a school/work night.  Bobby Seth and I had a fun dinner with my parents, uncle, sister and her family.  We enjoyed time, love, talks and yummy food. 
                Seth’s personality shone because he does not run around anymore.  He talks and was quite entertaining.  “Elon Musk’s new truck looks like a pixelated video game prop.  Pears are highly underrated.”  Uncle Doug and Seth bonded over the notion that pineapple is horrible and does not belong on pizza.
                Anita (my sister) let us stay with her.  I loved taking an early morning walk with her.  We enjoyed being with their youngest at their house while they did parent-teacher conferences before school. Seth enjoyed the time with Camryn’s four-year-old self so much he said, “I’ll miss you” when we went to leave.  How sweet! 
                Seth took me around his school for parent-teacher conferences at West High school.  I enjoyed listening to teachers say that Seth is doing well.  May God be blessed in all my Seth does!
                Seth mentioned that he is embarrassed about his past.  He did not want me mentioning that he used to play Minecraft.  His exact words, “Let’s not talk about that.”  Apparently playing that building game has put Seth at the top of his coding class when it comes to their new language, Java.
                Seth has come around when it comes to the Mandalorian.  The third episode was, “Good” in his mind.  Poor Seth.  Apparently putting a show on the TV is, “Forcing him to watch it.”
                Seth cleaned the bathrooms.  I love it when the kids actually do their chores.  Yay!!
                Adriel delighted me when she offered to contribute milk to the DuVal celebration.  Look at her being grown up enough to give! 
                I enjoyed having Adriel’s boyfriend Chris over for a bit before celebrating Thanksgiving.  He is very sweet and loves my cat.  Anyone who loves Skyra and Adriel is a friend of mine.  I am tickled by the Facebook reactions to him being in our family picture.  Fun.  If I see Adriel or Chris I enjoy one hug a day from both of them.
                Bobby made amazing scalloped potatoes for our Thanksgiving with the DuVal family.  Sorry, they are gone now. (Well, one serving is in the fridge but as soon as Adriel and Bobby preview this – I’m sure they will get it.)
                Bobby and I enjoyed several walks this week.  Even in the cold walking is good and fun. 
                May this season be bright.  May you remember how loved you are!  May you know the gift of Jesus and his love.  Hugs,


Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment