Monday, November 25, 2019

11/25/19


Dear Family,

                I am blessed by reading my Grandparent's missionary story.  I gave away 68 books this week and it felt wonderful.  Some people were very excited to have this story in their hands.  People said, “I love Missionary stories!” Vic & Edith Leng were amazing Grandparents who loved God and raised children to love Him.
I gave away, “Once upon a Mountain.”  I find it ironic that I have looked in my bookshelf and see that I kept none of those books for myself.  It is OK.  That story is out and good and in our church library.  Even better is the book my Grandparents wrote.  “Tell it to the Next Generation.”  This book was so amazing and fabulous I typed it into the computer, published it on Amazon and, if you want to buy it in softcover it’s there, on Amazon.com.  If you want a PDF or Word version I can e-mail it to you for free.  Just ask.  I love the thought of giving away a beautiful faith story.  God is at work all around us!  Looking at the past shows this is true.
I feel so much joy just thinking about how God is at work right now.  I had a good interview with the School District.  How exciting!  I interviewed for a Librarian job.  Knowing that I am not blocked from working for the School District gives me great joy.  I can sub (I applied for that as well) and this will get my foot in the door if nothing else.
Selling books was fun.  This weekend I sold several.  I enjoyed interacting with everyone and sharing God’s love through the written word.
Bobby made a great yummy dinner this week.  I love it when he chooses to cook.
Bobby is wonderful at counseling teens.  He brought me out to ice cream this week because the two teens were female and he wanted me along.  How fun.  I observed him helping people grow in God over ice cream.  Yum!
Bobby’s Sinus infection is getting better.  He is not coughing in the middle of the night anymore.  Seth has a cold but he says, “It is nothing.”  Seth is good at going to bed early if he doesn’t feel well.  I love seeing him take good care of himself.
Adriel cleaned her room this week.  I loved it.  She said she doesn’t like it that way.  Oh dear.  Such is life.
As we focus on Thanksgiving and as we travel may God’s Angels keep us safe.  May our thoughts turn to God’s blessings and His work in our lives.  I do have to tell you a funny story from Sunday School.  I didn’t catch the type of car but several of the gray-haired people from our group tore up a stretch of highway.  The engine is so powerful it made such a loud noise that police were later stretched across the highway trying to find out who had been joyriding.  The person who confessed believed God was protecting them from consequences.  They ran out of gas.  They were just sitting on the side of the road instead of getting pulled over.  I have to laugh – they were acting like teens.  I never do know how God works in these situations.
What I do know is that God’s ways are not mine.  He does the unexpected.  He sent rain when it had never rained before.  He has sent Hail, Fire, and turned a person into salt.  He has parted waters, shut the mouths of lions and saved people from the middle of a fire.  My God is a God of surprises!  May you look and see what he has done for you.  Much love, Cristy 



No comments:

Post a Comment