Monday, November 18, 2019

11/18/19


Dear Family,
I find wisdom in gardening.  I prune things back with no mercy and they still survive.  This makes me think of my relationship with God.  He cuts me back sometimes.  I felt called to write children's books. I felt called to blog.  For some reason, I felt blocked when it came to advertising.  I believe I overstepped when I started buying my own books to sell them. 
Like a person who finds joy in buying things they don’t need, I found myself collecting.  Little by little, month after month, my pile under the house grew.  I didn’t even know how many books I had until this month when I took inventory.
I have over 300 books that I want to sell.
Saturday I sold zero of those.
I find it interesting that I am not sad.  I am humbled.  I am not confused because I would not buy my books for the price I put on them.  Why did I expect others to?  Either way, next Saturday I will try to sell the books for less.  I am learning.  I will try to break even from my buying extravaganzas.
My thinking is that purchasing something has to follow a felt need or excitement.  Something has to compel the buyer.  People did come over and tell me they liked the books.  Several took my name and number.   
                I felt excitement when I bought the books in the first place.  I used money that was not for the family so I am letting myself have that joy.  I am letting myself keep the joy of purchasing and now I am letting go of the items.  Just like items put in a garage sale – things were exciting when we bought them.  Now we do not want those items anymore.  That is how I am beginning to feel.  I do NOT want to haul 300 books under my house again.
                This week I had a highlight of my dad calling me.  I used to call him daily on my going home from work commute.  My dad missed talking to me.  How sweet.  Please pray for him as he is now on a mission trip to Chili.
                I enjoyed walking with Bobby on Monday morning.  He bought me breakfast and was great company.  He continues to make the bed daily (I still beat him up every morning). 
Bobby is excited about a new show called, “The Mandalorian.”  I like it.  Seth is not impressed. 
Please pray for Bobby as he is sick.
                Seth drove and purchased food for sick Bobby.  I appreciate that Seth did that while I was away.  What a great son we have.  He continues to cook eggs and make grape juice.  I love his initiative.
                Adriel continues to be sweet and willing to talk even though she is tired.  Working two jobs and going to school full time is hard.  She manages somehow.  Adriel enjoyed a concert this week and texted me while she was there.  I am glad that she is willing to let me know she is still alive.
                I would love to hear from you all as well.  Just a little note saying you are still alive would be wonderful. 
Thank you for your prayers.  I did have a phone interview with MAPS for a teller job.   I do not know how it went but I’m sure I’ll find out soon enough. 
                May you find joy in your journey.  May God’s gentle pruning not hurt too much.  May your focus be first and foremost on God – so that all other things will fall into place as it says in Matthew 6:33, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
                Much Love J


Cristy


No comments:

Post a Comment