Friday, November 8, 2019

I lost my job today

I believe I would take a bullet for anyone, I work with.  I truly do.  BUT I would have to see it coming first.  My mistake was that I can be super focused.  I did not notice danger even when someone was trying to tell me about it.  I had two lines coming to my till punching their numbers in.  I was saying thank you and making sure everyone had fruit.  Someone came to me and said, “There are pills in the fruit.”  I thought they were messing with me and I ignored the threat.

Because of this loss, I have been given three gifts by God.

#1 Humility.  I am not the right person for this job and I have to acknowledge that.

#2 Time.  I have the gift of time and can finish book #4.  I also have time to love on my family (if they will let me) and to sell my books at the two book fairs coming up this month.

#3 a fresh start.  I am applying for new jobs and am excited to see what God has for my future.

I am able to re-evaluate myself now.  Who am I?  What am I good at?  What fuels me?

I love to organize and I love structure.  I love people for a time.  I present as an extrovert but need time by myself to refuel. 

I know I enjoyed being a secretary at the ESD in Gold Beach Oregon and I enjoyed being a teller there as well.  I will be applying for those types of jobs.  I also like writing but don’t know what kind of job that would be a part of.

If you know of any jobs that you think might be a good fit, let me know. 

Thanks for your love and prayers about today’s meeting.  I truly believe there are no hard feelings.  They wanted to keep me but that incident could have blown up in all our faces.  It is scary what I did not do.  I do not plan on working food service ever again.

Hugs, Cristy



No comments:

Post a Comment