Monday, November 4, 2019

Happy Harvest time!


Dear Family,
            Being surrounded by God’s people is so wonderful!  I pondered how I would get everything done this week and God gave me the gift of time.  It would be lovely if Halloween didn’t fall on the end of the month.  Who do we contact to get holidays changed?
I had some great conversations with Adriel this week.  Not only did she draw for me but another book is almost complete on her end.  How exciting to start working on book number four!
Adriel thanked Bobby for cooking veggies on Monday.  I want to say that only Bobby (who is a fabulous cook) can elicit that kind of response from a teen about vegetables.
Adriel was excited to get the largest paycheck in her life this month.  She also started another job and is still full time at Chemeketa.  I shouldn’t wonder why I don’t see her often.  She said she is busier than she ever has been.  This includes the 12-hour Marching Band days she used to do!  Poor girl!  She still is pulling in good grades and I am proud of her.
Seth decides when to go to bed on his own.  He gets up, gets ready for school and drives himself.  Seth is getting good grades and is managing relationships well.  Yay Seth!
Seth served alongside me at the Harvest Party on the 31st.  He stayed the whole time, received his candy reward and was happy to drive himself home.  I am tickled that Seth continues to give a hug and prayer when I go to bed.

Bobby and I enjoyed some great walks, making new friends and catching new monsters on Pokémon Go.  I love walking.  Salem is starting to feel like Gold Beach.  Wherever we go we know people.  Bobby was even joking with someone stopped at a stoplight who hollered his name, “Aren’t you in the wrong state?”  Being in ministry 13 years at one spot does bring many friendships.
    Bobby made yummy soup and Spaghetti this week.  He is even taking time to prepare a turkey for Monday.  I wanted more freezer space so he decided to cook it.  Thank you Fairchild family for sharing your delicious bounty from the farm.
I enjoyed youth group this week.  The topic flyer asked; ‘What areas in your life do you need help to stand against the Devil’s schemes?’  Bobby said, “Is it talking during Youth Group?”  A girl said, “Savage,” because that application was spot on.
May you find joy in all God has for you.  May your speech be seasoned with love and patience.  May you find that casting all your cares on Him does end with a feeling of being cared for (1 Peter 5:7).  Much Love,


Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment