Monday, September 30, 2019

I am going to do homework now.


 Dear Family,

                Marriage can change everything.  I am talking about being the officiant.  Bobby married a couple this weekend and it was so wonderful.  One of our friends said, “You can marry me for my next marriage” right in front of his wife!  We experienced beauty, fun and so many smiles.  It was a delight to be present at Josh and Rebekah Brumfield’s wedding.  I noticed Bobby was willing to do more at home.  Bobby drove our dying car to donate it, caught Pokémon for me while I was sleeping, did dishes, cleaned out a drawer, mowed the lawn, took cans in and cooked several meals this week.  He also maintained a loving attitude and made our bed daily.  Wow!  I am fine with him doing a wedding any time.  (He said he does all this wedding or no which is true – maybe it was that I noticed more??)

                 Youth group was a blast and I am VERY glad I was not chosen to eat pretzels dipped in mustard.  The kids volunteered.  Yay!


               Adriel sold her red car (yay!) and started school this week.  She continues to give me hugs when we see each other.  I believe I saw her three times this week.  I love her so much!
                Seth picked apples and got his license this week.  He drove himself to church and back.  His first solo trip in that big truck from Grandpa VanKleek.  How fun!  Our Seth is growing up! 
                The favorite words I love to hear from my kids is, “I am going to do homework.”  How sweet they are!  How many hours I used to spend helping, pushing, prodding them to do homework.  Now they do it on their own.  Delight fills my heart just thinking about it!
                Little things in life can bring so much peace!  May you choose to think upon the good and may you also feel joy and give praise to God above and those you love.  Hugs,


Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment