Monday, September 2, 2019

That necessary pause.


Dear Family,
                There is so much good in life.   I am glad to focus on it.  God is good, he is taking care of us.  We are His and He wants what is best for us.  Sometimes we stumble, sometimes we fall but God is with us through it all.
                This week I enjoyed a date with Bobby.  We went out to eat and had good conversation.  The Youth Group had fun with their annual Color Wars event.  I enjoy taking pictures.  Bobby thanked me for coming and that always makes it worth the time.  Bobby asked me to join him on errands one night and then thanked me for coming.  How nice to enjoy each other’s company. 

                Seth enjoys it when Bobby and I go out because we bring home food.  He began to dig into soup but it was too spicy.  I told him milk would help and he said, “I’ll never drink milk.”  A couple of seconds later, “We don’t even have any milk do we?”  Then it was, “OK, I’ll drink some.” 
                One of my friends wants Seth to remember her name.  I have started helping by praying for her every night with Seth.  I pray, “And dear Lord please be with . . . “ I add a big pause.  Seth says, “I’m not going to say her name.”  Then I say it and end the prayer.  One day he will – I know that pause will drive him crazy.  I said, “You know it don’t you?”  Your brain said her name silently.”  Seth smiled and said, “Yes, I know her name is __________.”
                Seth mowed the lawn this week, picked up ground fall apples and cleaned bathrooms.  I am glad he helps out around the house.  He is good for a hug a day and remains pleasant company.
                Adriel drew a picture for me this week and I love it.  The more she draws the more books I can publish!  Yay!  Adriel rescued Bobby when he ran out of gas.  Adriel also played a game with Bobby and I this week.  I enjoyed spending that time with her.  She had a friend over and we watched a show for a while.  I know the time we have with her is fleeting.  I am glad for every hug and every smile she gives.
                May you enjoy each gift of a smile or hug God grants.  May you be glad for all you have.  God has gifted me with more apples than I can enjoy.  Would anyone like to pick some bray burn apples with a little extra wormy protein?  Sigh, the bad parts are easy to cut out.  Much love,


Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment