Sunday, August 25, 2019

The end is near


Dear Family,

                Kids that get along is every mother's dream.  This week I saw several beautiful examples of peace, tranquility, and joy.  Also, Seth is sympathetic when it comes to driving.  If Adriel needs the Sable he is OK walking from school or driving the massive truck for a while.  I love it when my kids get along.  Sometimes I am entertained when they do not.  “I ate all the cookie dough,” Adriel announced.  Seth became frustrated because he did not even know it existed.  There was an outcry.  I insisted Adriel apologize which she did with ease – yet her Cheshire grin remained.  Adriel said, “I can throw some up for you.”  Seth was not appeased.  His response was, “We are not a family of birds.”  I told Adriel she could have avoided all this feedback if she had refrained from bragging in the first place.  Seth agreed with, “Yeah, I don’t brag whenever I finish a bag of pretzels!”
                Seth received a wonderful compliment this week.  As Kahori and I were watching him help clean up the Front Yard picnic at the church she said, “He’s such a happy helpful person.”  I am impressed by how Seth has grown.  He stayed the entire potluck to help.  He interacted with people, helped with the bounce house and helped clean up.  He is an introvert but I can tell he has been listening to Pastor’s sermons.  It was no mistake that the sermon this week was about including others.  Immediately after the sermon, we had an opportunity to greet neighbors who had been invited for free food.  Well done Pastor Marcus.  Well done Seth!

                Adriel drew five pictures this week.  She is so talented!  I am excited to put our books on Amazon.  This week I put our latest book and the one my Grandparents made (with permission from their surviving children).  How exciting to have four books out!  What a great summer.

                Adriel thanked me for cooking and having food she likes available for the family while Bobby was gone.  I am glad she noticed.
                It is good to have Bobby home.  He brought gifts, told stories and gave hugs.  I am glad God brought him back safe and healthy.  The next day he took the youth group to the beach.  Goodness.  He did thank me for coming to the beach with them and we had a great time J. 
                We have an over the oven microwave.  It broke so many times in our thirteen years here I gave up. My parents bought me a used one and a small cabinet to put it on from the Union Gospel Mission a couple years ago.  Meanwhile one for over the oven became free in West Salem so I took it and put it under the house in case the smaller microwave broke.  While Bobby was in Mexico the small one bit the dust.  I brought out the free one, washed it off, tossed the small one and put the free one on the stand.  It was huge.  I laughed at myself – I didn’t measure it – it was free and way too big for the spot over our oven.  Silly me.  So I called or shopped all the thrift stores in Salem for a microwave with no luck.  Oh dear.  While Bobby was flying home I texted him with the question.  Would you like me to buy a new small microwave or one for over the oven?  He didn’t answer – he was tired.  Thursday rolled around and Jen came over to play board games with us.  How fun.  I told her the story and she said, “I think that large microwave will fit.”  I couldn’t believe it and started measuring to prove her wrong.  What do you know!  It fits!  Bobby groaned.  Yet, the next day he did it.  Bobby put the large microwave up above the oven.  Yay!  How exciting.  The next problem – Bobby put the broken microwave in my car and expected me to bring it in for recycling.  Oh dear.  I didn’t think I could lift it with my bad shoulder.  God is so amazing!  As part of my errands, I met someone at the park with some cat items to sell from Craig’s List.  He was big, strong and drove a truck.  I asked if he would please take my broken microwave to save me the trip (and because I did not think I could lift it anyway).  He did!  The nice man took the microwave!!  That’s my short story long.  Yay God!
                Bobby already made a wonderful meal this week.  He blesses us with great food and good company.  I enjoyed a fun walk with him and a Salem Raid group.  We experience God’s beauty, new friends and good exercise.  I am so glad to live in Salem, have a great husband and our sweet kids.  This is my ‘good old days.’
                May every day be good, wonderful and beautiful.  May you know how loved you are and may you feel God’s peace in your life.  Even though the end of summer is near, may you bask in God's beautiful sunshine as it continues to glow.  Love and hugs, Cristy
               

No comments:

Post a Comment