Monday, August 19, 2019

Published again!


Dear Family,

            I am so glad for friends!  Because Bobby is in Mexico on a mission trip this week has been more lonely.  I met my friend Sarah Duval.  Yay!  She steered me towards self-publishing on Amazon.  It is completely free!  After spending a lot of money at another place with bad results I am excited to spend a little money on a domain name (www.cristyvankleek.com), a new website and link to my Amazon books.  It took one day for the Kindle version of “Star in Space” to process.  It may take another for the paperback to be ready.  I am impressed, days versus Months.  I believe "Star in Space!" is free to read if you have Amazon Prime. 

            I was blessed to walk with Heidi and her kids.  They are delightful and full of life. I truly enjoy their family.  I walked with Sara Trippett several times.  She is a good friend and I love her company!  Friends almost fill the void of a gone hubby.
            I watched the movie UHF with my kids this week.  Weird Al made a fantastic comedy.  Adriel said, “I forgot how much I love this movie.”  Seth has learned things in school since the last time we saw it so he was shocked at the portrayal of “Gandhi II” This time he’s back with a vengeance (gun shooting everyone) and he’s good with the ladies too (arm in arm with several starlets).  Comedy – I love laughing at how ludicrous some things are.  (Today, we are going to teach poodles, how to fly!)
            Seth mowed the lawn this week and continues to pick up ground fall apples.  He is helpful and enjoys my cooking.  I have cooked almost every day this week.  Seth cooked also.  Yay, Seth!  He needed some money and asked for a job.  It took some thinking.  Then I had an epiphany.  I was glad to have him do some data entry for “Star in Space.”  It is wonderful when I can administrate tedious work!
            Seth talked with Bobby on Facetime from Mexico.  Seth said, “I want to go to Mexico next year.  It will help me grow closer to God.”  We are overjoyed.  I started wondering which parent should go and mentioned to Seth, “It might be hard. . .”  Seth replied, “That’s the whole point.”
            I enjoy the Buy Nothing group on Facebook because I can get rid of things and other times I can get free items that I love.  This week I was excited about obtaining a bunch of lotions. I was telling Bobby over FaceTime how excited I was.  I mentioned I felt deflated a bit when I went to share them with Adriel.  She said, “Mom, I don’t like lotions. Never have.” Bobby was super confused. He thought I said, “Theologians”.
            May you rejoice in all God has given you.  May you find joy in the priceless beauty that surrounds us.  May your heart be filled with peace.  Much love,

Cristy
           

No comments:

Post a Comment