Monday, October 7, 2019

The little things.


Dear Family,
         
“The small things of life were often so much bigger than the great things . . . the trivial pleasure like cooking, one's home, little poems especially sad ones, solitary walks, funny things seen and overheard.”
― 
Barbara Pym
I noticed this week is about the little things.  The repetitive, I’m so glad my family is alive, things.  The smiles we give, the hugs we receive.  A meal cooked here, a thank you there, this is what makes my life worth living.  This is what gives joy.
          Seth is driving himself to school and back.  He is so grown up.  I know, it’s wonderful that his legs work – he could walk – but it’s the rainy season.  I am glad he has the resources to drive.  Seth also apologized out of the blue.  He wanted to make sure I knew I am a good mom and that he was only grumpy.  The ability to apologize without prompting is extraordinary.  Yay Seth!
          Seth is also always good for a hug and usually ready to pray when I am going to bed.  He always prays that he won’t have nightmares.  Sometimes we ask if he does have nightmares and he said, “Not normally, but I am a bit paranoid about them.”  Seth has been praying the same thing since he was three years old.
          Adriel was sweet on the phone and said she missed me so much she was willing to go out for lunch once a week again.  Yay!!  I enjoyed visiting Arby’s with her and chatting about life.  Adriel is a wonderful daughter and she is becoming a fabulous friend.  Adriel is also good for a hug whenever I see her.
          Bobby made a wonderful dinner, continues to make the bed and thanked me for coming to the youth group.  What a great husband I have.  I enjoy walking with him, talking with him and being with him.  I am glad to still be married to Bobby.
          “You need to let the little things that would ordinarily bore you suddenly thrill you.”
― 
Andy Warhol
            May all good things give you great joy; a spider web dripping with dew, your child smiling at you, a show that makes you laugh, or a nice warm bath.  May you find peace in your heart and love in your arms.  Much Love, Cristy


No comments:

Post a Comment