Monday, December 3, 2018

12/3/18 Dad's getting better.

Dear Family,
          God continues to work in our lives.  Hard times do come but He is with us and continues to lift us up.  My dad is getting better daily.  He is still in the hospital.  I believe he either has Staph or Strep in his leg.  The pictures are gross but I do see progress.
            Seth was glad to see me Monday after school.  I had done some errands and almost went home when it started raining.  I decided to see if Seth was walking.  He was and enjoyed the partial ride home since the rain was coming down hard.  He thanked me.  That was sweet.
            I was excited and nervous to hear Seth wanted to join the Youth Group for an all-nighter.  In the past, he has not enjoyed being with people that long.  I was happy and surprised Saturday morning when Seth came home chipper.  He said, “I’m not tired.”  He stayed up all day and seemed none the worse for it.  I did feel nervous having him drive me for an hour when he hadn’t slept for 34 hours.  He did fine.  He was a little more wired and yawned a couple of times.  It was OK!  He did go to bed at 9 Saturday night but even now – he’s not tired!??? 

            Seth even said his toe feels better.  He was getting an ingrown toenail.  We figured out the cure was to soak it.  I brought out my foot massager/foot bath.  He took one look at that and said, “No, I won’t use that.  I would rather have surgery than lose my reputation.”
            Adriel remains very sweet.  She wants more hours at her job.  She has also been looking into getting another job to see if they would have more or better hours.  She wants to buy a car and make enough money to move out.  She is independent and that is good.
            Awards night for Marching Band was interesting.  It is fun to see the kids excited about their year.  The slideshow is a blast. 
            Bobby thanked me for helping out at youth group Tuesday night.  He also led the Senior high group on an overnighter party in the Gresham area.  I am glad he did not need me.  I think staying up past seven PM is torture and don’t do torture well.
            May you be able to see God’s hand in your life as the days fall down like leaves of a tree.  May you be glad to know the creator of the Earth.  May you feel as loved as you truly are.

Hugs,

Cristy

            

No comments:

Post a Comment