Sunday, December 16, 2018

12/16/18 It feels normal.

Dear Family,
                I have found a new way to disappoint Seth.  Bobby noticed the “Dance Central” moves I was rocking were pretty advanced.  He told me I should learn "Fortnite" dances.  I mentioned that if they were in a semi-workout format on YouTube I would.  They are.  Seth is not excited.  These new dance moves will impress all my friends and family.  Right!?  I will use my mad skills for years to come.  Bwaaaa hahaha.  I do work at a Junior High – maybe they will be useful there.  Probably not – ever – I don’t think anyone except workout partners and immediate family has seen me dance and it’s OK. I like to work out.  Making my kids groan is so much fun!  Bobby is now backing down.  He said he was just joking. 
                I enjoyed going to the Elder/Pastoral party at Marcus & Kahori’s house.  It is always wonderful to share amazing food, presents, laughter, encouraging words, and love.  Bobby made food for the party and for dinner one night this week.  I sure am glad he loves to cook.  We even had a chance to go out to eat.  Some parents are so grateful for all Bobby does they give him a restaurant gift card.  How blessed I am to be the one he shares with.
                Here is a funny quote Seth and I heard while Bobby was online gaming, “You guys do know I’ve been playing video games longer than you have been alive.”  This was probably in response to how amazing Bobby is at the game Fortnite.  He plays with 10-year-olds.
                Bobby was thankful for all people that came to sing carols and give out cookies to the elderly people in our community who signed up.  I enjoyed singing and being with a group of 6.  My group sang to 8 people.  We had three groups for Junior High night.  Bobby had the High school group go out the next night.  Pastor Marcus was happy.  He loved hearing how our church is impacting people.  Even children went and sang across the street at Gibson Creek.  How fun!
                Bobby was surprised that Seth came to sing carols.  Seth said, “Mom made me.”  I didn’t know I had.  All I said was, “There is youth group tonight.”  I am guessing Seth didn’t mind going that much.  He didn’t have any fight in him when it came to me.
                Because Seth won’t drive into West Salem I am creative about where we drive.  I found a spot that was interesting.  Seth drove me onto the Wheatland Ferry!  It was the first he remembered being on one and he stated, “Oh, they are this slow.”  Apparently, a game he plays has a slow part for the Ferry.  Funny how games mimic life.
                Seth mentioned something that made me say, “Ok, OK you are right.”  I had to be snarky and add, “How does it feel being right?”  He said, “It feels normal.” 
                Adriel made a beautiful drawing for me even though her days have been full with school and her nights have been full of Winter at West.  She burns the candle at both ends.  I definitely enjoy her company though and was very glad to take her out to eat this week. 
                I am glad the kids pray with me before I go to bed.  I do know they are busy so I’ll even pray with Seth while his game is going on.  I asked Adriel to pray with me upstairs one night when she was home.  She said, “I hope you don’t mind if I brush my hair while we pray.”  I said, “Not at all, I even pray with Seth while he’s gaming.”  This made us chuckle.  After praying I said, “Sorry our prayers aren’t that meaningful. “ Her quick response was, “Mom, all prayers are meaningful.”  This was heartwarming.
                May you find all the prayers you have to be full of meaning.  May you know God is listening, God cares, God listens and wants to hear more.  Much love,


Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment