Monday, December 24, 2018

12/24/18 Sick and then better

Dear Family,
                Sometimes our joy is stolen by sickness.  Poor Bobby.  After several fun and festive Youth Group parties, he fell ill at 9 PM Wednesday night.  In the middle of the night, he had several violent attacks and then groaned the rest of the night and day.  I was getting ready for work but thought if he died while I was gone, I would feel guilty.  I asked if he wanted me to bring him to the hospital.  He said, “No.”  So I went to work.  Adriel also drives.  She was able to get him a thermometer which he checked regularly.  On my way home I was able to get him fruit popsicles.  Other than, “Please change the rag to be cooler and please buy fruit pops,” the request that touched my heart most was, “Please pray for me.”  After I prayed for him out loud around 6 PM Thursday night he was able to sleep better through the night.  Thursday day he didn’t get out of bed much but by Friday he was %75 better.  Saturday he was up, spreading holiday cheer by delivering Christmas goodies .  Yeah for recovered health!
                Bobby also thanked me for taking pictures of the youth group party.  I love it when I get some good ones! 

                Seth, Bobby and I had fun at our home group party.  We are blessed that it is legal to meet because we love God.  Not everyone has that.

                I enjoyed my time teaching Seth to drive.  I told him, “You could drive towards town.”  As he turned the wrong way he said, “But I’m not.”  He is only on hour 13 but by hour 50, he’s definitely going to have to be willing to drive to West Salem.  He is going to have to drive over the bridge, on freeways, and to Seattle.  Yup, I’m going to make him drive me to Seattle this summer.
                Adriel is happy with various Christmas parties and a Christmas bonus at work.  How fun that various places of work celebrate with gifts.  She is also able to fill in for others.  My Adriel is a hard worker and I am proud of her loving attitude towards all.  Her hugs are especially sweet.  I am also glad for her artistic abilities and willingness to draw for me.
                The other day the kids saw I was playing Solitaire.  They asked why and I said, “I’m getting paid ten cents every half an hour to play.”  This made them laugh but Seth said something sweet, “Well, it’s nice to see you are relaxing.”
                May you give yourself permission to relax this Christmas season.  May you enjoy the time you have for celebrating, loving and enjoying each other.  Much Love,


Cristy

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment