Sunday, December 9, 2018

12/9 Preparing for Christmas

Dear Family,
                How busy the Christmas season is.  How wonderful.  We are preparing to celebrate Jesus Birth.  Preparing gifts for friends and family.  This activity is all good.  We want to bless others and are willing to sacrifice time to do it.  Also, some fun, since it’s not bathing suit season we can eat an extra cookie or two without that much guilt.  This week still had blessings and I am so glad God continues to work in our lives and yours.
                Seth asked me why I purchased and hung up mistletoe.  He said, “You can kiss us any time.”  In joy and excitement, I flung my arms wide and started toward Seth.  This is when he ran.  It was fun chasing Seth and proving him wrong.  I can not kiss him any time.  He’s fast.
                Seth drove me to Grand Island Saturday.  I enjoyed mentioning how wonderful the Island was.  Seth insists on looking at the road only and isn’t ready to read the road signs.  He told me we were not on an island at all.  It was true we did not see much water.  Grand Island is not like Hawaii.

                Adriel did several drawings for me this week and it is exciting to see our next book forming.  She also gave me a project from Art class.  Lucky I talked with her first.  Bobby said he wants it.  I’ll share – but it’s totally mine.
                Adriel didn’t have any band practice this week so she was out and about with friends a LOT.  She went out with three different groups of people Friday.  The minute she came home she was asking to go out again.  I remember being social but not that social!

                Bobby cooked potato pancaked this week in honor of Hanukkah.  It was yummy!  He also did a great lesson at youth group.  He was talking about how special the Virgin Birth was.  He asked the group, “What does it mean, ‘Mary was a Virgin?’”  One shouted out, “She was single.” 
                I enjoyed playing a board game with Bobby & the Fenn adults.  It’s super fun to enjoy each others company.
                Because I knew my dad wasn’t too busy I have been calling him for my home commute.  He is such an encouraging, refreshing person.  I am so loved.  I just haven’t always chosen to bask in that love.  I like chatting with my father.  This kind of reminds me of God.  He loves us as well.  It’s our choice to keep the conversation going.  So, I asked Dad, even though he is home (not in the hospital), can I still call him?  And he said yes.  How wonderful, to remember how loved we are and then to plug into that. 

                May we all remember to plug into God’s love.  May we read his love letter to us.  May we enjoy the grace he has given.  Much love J Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment