Monday, December 31, 2018

Blessings abound! 12/31/18

Dear Family,
                I may appreciate acts of service the most (out of the 5 love languages).  As I was reading what I am thankful for I see many wonderful actions.  I am also super thankful for peppermint soap, chocolate, oh AND all the wonderful Christmas blessings, cards and wishes!  Wow, thinking back, this has been an amazing week.  Hopefully for you as well.  Merry Christmas!
                Last week Bobby started cooking Sunday night, kept it up Monday morning and had a feast for his mother, sister, dad and Sandy, dad’s girlfriend.  How fun it was to gather, enjoy each other’s company and eat amazing food.  Thanks, dad for bringing wonderful drinks and mom and Caren for bringing rolls, drinks and assorted treats.  What joy it is to celebrate Jesus by giving each other gifts. 
                The kids were telling a silly story about Adriel’s friend putting pennies down the air vent in her car when Seth said, “Adriel why do you let your friend do that?”  Seth had an epiphany.  “Hey, that’s going to be my car!”  Seth will be stopping that nonsense in the future.
                We were able to enjoy a wonderful Christmas Eve with lighted candles, beautiful song and a lovely message about God’s love at West Hills Community church.  We are so blessed, what a wonderful church!
                Christmas morning Bobby made yummy eggs and ham. 
Later he was cooking again, getting ready for a gathering with our adopted Duval family.  Our immediate family enjoyed opening Leng presents and immediate family presents in the AM.  How fun.   At the Duvall’s house, we ate, played games, reminisced and enjoyed. 
                Bobby and I also loved a date this week.  We are so blessed!  I am glad we still get along.  There were some hard years but with God, we are doing good.
                During the week I asked Adriel a couple questions in passing.  “How long does it take you to fill out a scholarship?  How many scholarships have you filled out already?”  She answered honestly and both times said, “Why are you asking.”  I gave her a straight answer later on in the week.  We are willing to pay her for filling out scholarships because that helps with college costs.  We are copying pastor Marcus with this idea.  Isn’t it a great one?  When we gave Adriel money for the scholarships she has already done, she figured out what her answers meant.  “Actually,  I may have filled out more scholarships than that.” 
                While I was waiting for our cat's teeth to be cleaned and for Adriel’s tires to be rotated and aligned I walked around Salem.  It was fun but boring.  I was able to do secret shops and use the Shopkick app.  Bobby asked where I was and offered to pick me up for a youth group event.  What a great guy J!  Seth also asked where I was.  When I asked if he wanted to join us his response was, “No, I just want to know how long you will be gone.”  Seth may have sold his phone but if he wants to communicate with us, he knows how.
                Seth also thanked me for warming up some leftovers.  He’s very sweet.
                Bobby did what I cannot do.  Bobby had Seth drive him into West Salem.  Yay!!  Seth said he is not comfortable with this but he did it anyway.  Yay Bobby, Yay Seth!!
                Bobby cooked ham bone soup this week.  It’s amazing.  He cut something with the jigsaw.  I was scared to do it but Bobby was brave and whipped it out in minutes.  What a guy! 
                Adriel is cleaning out her room, donating things, putting stuff under the house and bringing some out to the garbage.  She’s getting ready to move in April.  I may feel a bit of a tug that she wants to leave us BUT that she is putting feet to her words gives me a sense of pride.  Good for her.  She is growing up and moving on. 
                Adriel continues to draw wonderful pictures for our next book and wants to keep this up for all my books in the future!  How exciting and fun!  I am glad she is willing to do this.
                May all of us grow in God.  May we make resolutions and keep them.  May we enjoy life, love, and all God has to offer.  Much love,




Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment