Monday, November 26, 2018

Thanksgiving Blessings 11/26/18

Dear Family,

   Thanksgiving is such a fun time!  I love having a week off work, visiting family, being thankful for all God has given us.  I even enjoyed time for parent-teacher conferences.  It’s not always fun hearing what they have to say but this week it was.  
Bobby has enjoyed checking out movies from the library.  They became free! I am very glad the only price is time wasted.  The Birds was worth the price.  There was no resolution, grrrr.
Bobby blesses us when he drives us to Seattle and back.  Watching Bobby and our nephew Braeden throw a football outside is a blessing.  How fun to be with family and have time to enjoy each other! 

 Bobby cooked Turkey and Tamales this week.  He also set up and decorated our Christmas tree this year.  Yay for his desire to have good food and his ability to make our house beautiful.

Blessings abound when I can see my kids interact with my sister’s kids.  When we gather I feel loved and enjoy the abundant fun.  My heart felt like it would burst watching Seth laugh with the family as little ones did their antics.  I have my fill of hugs at the end.  So many hugs (I counted, Braeden gave me 6). 
I loved watching Adriel do beads with her cousins.  I enjoyed looking up a pattern for beading when Addison asked for a design idea.  She made a beautiful strand of flower shapes.  WOW!  So impressive and beautiful.
Having a visit with Mom and Caren VanKleek was a blessing.  How great to see they moved into their new house.  How wonderful to enjoy their cute doggies.  How fun to hug and be together.
Adriel displayed the presents she has bought for her friends to me.  I am blessed to see her enthusiasm.  She has always been generous.  My heart feels warm at the thought of her excitement.  Adriel has been going out to lunch with me on Sunday afternoons.  I am glad to have a glimpse into her life. 
Adriel was accepted into the college she wants to go to, Western Oregon Universtiy.  They sent her a scholarship.  They are excited to have her come.  How fun!
Adriel drew two pictures for me this week.  I am so blessed that she shares her beautiful art with me.  I am glad to pay her and even more excited to see what she will draw next.
Seth cracks me up.  I call him ‘Barn Sour’ because he reminds me of the horse I used to have.  When I would ride out of the barn she would plod or go slow.  Turn her around to go home and she wanted to run.  Seth is also like this.  Going away from home during driving he drives slower.  He even spent time driving 5 miles an hour on gravel.  I was frustrated and told him to turn around.  He said, “I’m just using up my time.”  I train him 1 hour a week on Saturdays.  When the timer beeps and it’s time to go home . . .He drives faster.  Maybe I’ll call him “Home sour.”
I am glad that Seth is a different person when he drives in a real car vs. when he drives on the x-box.  In a real car, he avoids other cars and doesn’t go that fast.  On the x-box, he crashes into things and cars.  On the x-box, he has zero anxiety and can even rewind and redo parts of the drive.  This complete 180 in personality helps me realize that even though he plays first person shooter games – he won’t go out and shoot things as he does on the computer.  He is definitely a different person when it comes to real life.  Yay!
When Bobby wins a battle on a game called Fortnite he becomes so excited he has to share the joy.  He sends Adriel screenshots saying how well he did.  Seth’s response, “This is why I don’t want a phone.”  How annoying when your parents share their joys.
Spending Thanksgiving day with the DuVall family was a great blessing.  Adriel and Seth were able to leave early.  Adriel because she had work.  Seth because more than a half an hour socializing is taxing.  I enjoyed playing board games and having great chats.  I’ll admit it, food is always wonderful and all the hands that prepared it are God’s blessing to me.
What a blessing it was to have some time with my parents this week.  We were able to listen to dad share his heart.  Right now dad is in the hospital with an infection in his leg.  Yikes.  I guess he didn’t notice it because he’s close to being diabetic.  The Doctors said they will keep him till Wednesday to make sure the antibiotics work.  Dad said he can’t move enough to get himself out of bed.  Mom said he’s in pain but on pain medication.  So please do pray for them.  That the Doctors have wisdom, that my parents have peace in the midst of hardship, that God’s will be done in all things.
May you treasure all the Thanksgiving memories God gave us this week.  May your heart be full and your voice raise up in praise as you delight in all He has for us.
Much Love,




Cristy VanKleek

No comments:

Post a Comment