Monday, November 12, 2018

11/12/18 Bands of America

Dear Family,

All the things I believed have been dashed regarding sickness.  Getting over the crud is hard to do.  I thought for sure Adriel might die this week as she was sick AND traveling.  Low and behold Adriel got BETTER while on the trip!  I am so very glad for this.  Adriel and the Marching Band did well.  Here are the Stats:
West Salem made history by being the first Oregon band to compete in Bands of America Grand Nationals.
108 Bands
Over 16,000 Students
Moved on to Semi-Finals from 108 to the top 30
They placed 6th in their division
They placed 27th overall
Adriel was glad they didn’t have to do Finals because then she was able to SLEEP!
It was fun seeing Bobby excited to watch the Bands on TV.  He was very into what Adriel was doing and proud of all the kids.  I am glad Adriel is home safe and doing better physically.  Look, she is even smiling!

Bobby brought her to the airport on Wednesday morning.  They woke up at 2 AM, and he was back by 5 AM.  Today he went to get her at 3:15 PM.  I am so glad Bobby is there for her.  Seth and I are not good at leaving home, Seth even more so.  Bobby and I enjoyed a friends Birthday party and asked Seth if he would come with us.  He said, “No.”  I was sad for him and said, “You don’t want to go to the birthday party?”  Seth’s response was classic, “I don’t even want to go to my own birthday party.”  Adriel, on the other hand, was very sad to be out of town.  She was frustrated because “Ryland is like my BFF.”  Such is life.
Bobby cooked several amazing and yummy meals this week.  He is very good at this, and I am so blessed that he is happy with this arrangement.  You see, the one who cooks is the one who chooses what we eat.  It makes sense.  I am also good at cleaning up, and it works out well for us.
I always enjoy HomeGroup.  I love singing, studying God’s word and snacks.  I don’t always love the scale the morning after. 
I truly enjoy relaxing with Bobby, being able to go on a date, talking and just being.  We are so blessed to have each other still. 
I love it that Seth walks home from school.  He told me Sunday morning that he would also walk to church.  After church, he was frustrated because I walked as well.  His words of frustration were, “It’s cold outside!”  I think he didn’t calculate his clothing for the morning walk.  Shorts in fall isn’t always the smartest move.  It’s less than a mile.  We both survived, and of course, the walk home was warmer.  He said that he would have driven if he could have.  This from a person who doesn’t want to drive anywhere crowded.  I love the smile he was sporting.  He is learning the importance of overcoming fears and the desire to get places without having to brave the outdoors.

May you also grow as a person when you can overcome your fears.  May God’s Blessing give you joy and peace.  May you choose to be thankful and may this decision bless those around you.

Hugs J Cristy



No comments:

Post a Comment