Monday, July 30, 2018

7/30/18 Hot sun and Soccer camp

Dear Family,

            What a blessing it is to have air conditioning!  And yet reports say that in other countries only 8% of people have it in their homes.  (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/15/climate/air-conditioning.html).  Usually, for us, I get up early enough to open the house up so that we only feel the need for air conditioning a couple of days a year.  Not this year!  This year our window unit is blowing daily.  Goodness!  Sometimes we are just too blessed with the beautiful sunshine beating down on us!  Funny, now I just imagined with joy – maybe the apples and grapes will be ready early!!  Maybe I will be able to harvest before school starts.  That would be wonderful!  So this is a Romans 8:28 moment, “In all things God is working for the good”
            Adriel is adorable!  She noticed it is blackberry season and decided she wanted blackberry pie!  She invited friends, and we had four boys over helping pick and create blackberry pie.  It was so tasty!  I am very impressed!  I have given up on pies simply because the crust is too hard for me.  They did great, what wonderful teamwork! 
             Adriel cracks me up sometimes.  This week she was online gaming and yelled, “Gamers, Rise Up!”  I started laughing and then she did.  She knows she was a little too excited.
            I am amazed at Adriel’s good attitude.  She worked a long day on Saturday serving, then, she babysat.  She was then up and ready Sunday morning to go to church.  I am very glad she has amazing stamina.  I could not do what she does.  When I get overtired, I get weepy and cry, just because.
            Bobby cooked dinner several times this week, and it’s so fun when he makes food and we all like it!  Well, Monday he made three different things.  I am very glad he enjoys cooking. 
            Bobby also worked hard this week at Soccer camp.  Pastor Sorin said on Facebook, “A big thank you to all volunteers, in spite of the heat we had a fantastic Soccer Camp. Over the week we had 40 kids praying to receive Jesus, this has been an impact in our neighborhood.”  How wonderful!  I am so glad God is at work.
            Bobby was able to go to a friends Birthday party.  He was very glad he went because, sadly, only four people showed up.  This means Bobby had great talks and, goodness – he brought home a HUGE Costco size sheet pan cake with four slices out of it.  I am so glad he brought it to Sunday school!  We just finished eating the German Chocolate Cake I won.  
             I love how Seth obeys.  I tell him to do something, and he gets up and does it.  No complaining, just OK, and then he’s done, going back to what he wanted to do.
            Seth was excited to eat some pizza I brought home.  I said, “You have to sit at the table and eat it.”  He stepped back, “Oh, that’s a deal breaker.”  Apparently, “If I’m not active online my friends might leave.”  But he eats fast, so I am glad his friends were still there by the time he finished.
            Seth asked for a haircut, and I am glad I can give him one.  He likes a simple buzz cut.  I asked him to check in the mirror for any stray hairs.  He said, “I look good,” with a matter of fact tone.  I love the self-esteem that shows.  “Yes, yes you do J.”
            Seth mowed the lawn and did a great job.  I also love that he’s strong and big now.  How wonderful that he does what he’s told and gets out there.  What a guy J.
            May you find joy even with the sun beating down on you.  May you see where God is at work and be able to join Him.  May your life reflect how truly loved you are.  Hugs J



Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment