Monday, August 6, 2018

8/6/18 Annual Rummage Sale

Dear Family,
                What blessing stuff can be!  This week our church had our annual rummage sale.  The rummage sale is more than junk trading hands.  I heard stories from people; “I cried and praised God.” “Tell the church how blessed we are.” “I started going to this church because of the rummage sale.”  “We have been looking for a church.”  There is more going on here than just money and things.  There is a beautiful, lovely letting go and letting God.  People give time, money, things and themselves.  I truly enjoyed the time I was helping.
                Our whole family spent some time volunteering at the rummage sale.  I loved seeing them interact and I truly enjoy the strength of Seth.  Seth used to be little; now he is taller than his dad!  Seth is strong and doesn’t mind lifting things I can’t!  I am so pleased by his willingness to help. 
                Bobby leads teens in helping.  He was able to drive them, buy them lunch and redirect when their silliness seemed distracting.  Bobby also thanked me when I got lunch for some kids and gave another a ride home.  I am glad to help.
                Adriel is fun to watch and beautiful.  Adriel had work, so she wasn’t able to give as much time to the rummage sale, but I am proud of her for working hard in whatever she does.  She did mention a person threw a banana at her at work.  When I asked why someone would do that, she said, “I don’t know.”  Sometimes working with the elderly can be exciting.
                I enjoyed a talk with Adriel this week.  Although she does want to move out, she expressed appreciation for all we have given her.  I had moved out before I was 18 so I understand her desire to leave.  We will miss her whenever she does go.  I am glad she can say she loves and appreciates us.
                Bobby made dinner several times this week, and I love that.  I also like that when he drives, I feel safe.  He’s a great driver.  When I mentioned this to him, he said he is very glad to drive.  He becomes nauseous otherwise. 
                Bobby and I were able to take a trip to Sisters this week and enjoyed hiking, the Town of Sisters and a visit with Bobby’s Dad and girlfriend Sandy.  How fun it was to enjoy ourselves and to know the kids are fine.  They are safe, and we trust them.

                I also had the privilege to visit my cousin Nicole and her family.  It was fun to celebrate Jacks Birthday and see that he is surrounded by friends and loved ones.  How fun to see a young boy excited about presents and playing in the park.  How wonderful to visit with family.
                May you find God is the best provider ever.  May you feel safe knowing He is at the wheel.  May you let go of all and see what God does with it.  Much love,


Cristy

                

No comments:

Post a Comment