Monday, August 27, 2018

8/27/18 We now understand about Marching band.

Dear Family,

“Well, it won’t kill me,” is the grand compliment I received from Seth.   “But it’s such a waste of blackberries!”  He likes blackberry shakes the best.  My decision to make blackberry fruit roll-ups was hard on Seth.  Lucky for all of us, there are many more blackberries free and available as weeds, in Salem.
Seth also declared that helping Grandma Webb was, “Kind of fun.”  I am glad Bobby is teaching Seth how to be a good son.  Grandma is moving into her new house.  Yay!  Seth and Bobby were some needed muscle.  I believe the feeling of accomplishment was an almost equal reward compared to a day of sitting and playing computer games.  It also helped that she gave them cash.  Grandma Webb is teaching me how to be a good mother.
Teens and Mr. Brumfield took a turn in the dunk tank on a 68-degree day.  Everyone who took the plunge deserves an award.  I love our annual church picknick, but I always feel sorry for anyone who does the dunk tank if it’s not 80 degrees or more.  Seth helped retrieve balls and was a great team with Griffen.  I am so proud of my kiddo for being mature and helpful!
Bobby thanked me for helping with the bouncy house.  It was fun, and I was still able to talk to friends. Yay!
Here is a fun quote from Bobby while playing games online, “You are going to want to have a girlfriend later guys.  Trust me.”  The things I overhear!
The highlight this week was going to a reunion for a church we went to in 1995.  Sonrise Baptist church took Bobby in while he went to college.  The people there drove him to church then bought him a car.  One person helped him get a job, and everyone loved him.  I went to volunteer a year or two before we were married, but Bobby spent a summer living with the youth pastor and interned there.  I enjoyed Bobby thanking people for their influence and for all they did.   He was very excited to see several youths.  Our reception tickled me.  Mary Beth and James Gleason were amazing hosts.  I especially enjoyed chatting with Mary Beth.  Seeing old friends gives me longing for Heaven.  The reception will be similar.
Bobby mandated on Monday that the family available had to try out a new ice cream place in South Salem.  “On Any Sundae” was yummy and fun to visit.  My sad attempt at taking a selfie was rescued by a kind stranger who offered to take a picture for us.  Yay for humankind.  Bobby was even so fabulous; he decided to take ice cream to go for Adriel who was at marching band.

Adriel doesn’t always come straight home after marching band.  I have learned that the best way to entice her is to say, “We brought home ice cream for you.”  I was amazed at how fast she was at our doorstep. 
            Bobby and I went to the premiere night for marching band and were blown away by the music.  We now understand why Adriel had to do marching band this year.  Their teacher said he was saving this music for the year they decided to compete nationally.  I thought it was ridiculous when she said, “I heard the music,” but now – I understand.  I was going to write what it is but Bobby said no, it’s a secret because they compete.  You will have to go to a West High Football game during halftime.  That’s when they do their show.
            God is at work among us!  He draws people closer to each other and closer to him.  We listened to the Mexico team share about how God used them, and I love knowing that God works across borders, in hearts all around the world.  May you be excited to be led by our perfect, loving, benevolent father! 

Much Love,

Cristy
           
           

            

No comments:

Post a Comment