Monday, September 3, 2018

9/3/18 Bad haircut

9/2/18 Dear Family,
This time I didn’t cry.  Every time I go to a salon with my hair in a ponytail to donate, I must prepare for battle.  I forget because I only donate every two years and that is the normal time of forgetting.  People have babies about two years apart right?  Yes, she forgot about giving birth – that’s why she does it again.  So the haircut was not what I wanted because I trusted someone else who had a different plan than mine.
                The blessing I get from this is my Bobby.  He said, “I would still love you even if you had no hair.”  He is wonderful.  When I weighed 200 lbs, he just called me his Roman Goddess and let the Dr. tell me I needed to lose weight.  I have a very smart husband!  He is comforting and sweet.

                That Bobby loves to cook is a blessing for us all.  He was cooking for several days because he is hosting his Birthday party.  What a guy!  He knows several of his friends are on a diet, so he cooked several items just for them.  Bobby cooked dinner for us on Monday. 
                Bobby rescued Adriel when she ran out of gas.  I was in Keizer getting Claggett Creek’s kitchen ready, so she opted for the closest parent.  Yeah, Bobby.
                Bobby thanked me for bringing towels to him two times this week.  The first time was for youth group (color wars is very messy) and once when he was fixing the garbage disposal.  I am blessed that for both of these I was not required to get messy. 
                Adriel decided to use her savings and pay off marching band.  She is glad to start getting half of what she makes for spending again.  I think running out of gas was a lesson learned.  Adriel also wants to buy herself a laptop for homework.  School has not even started, yet she is starting to do homework for an English class.  Goodness.  Poor child!
                Adriel felt very encouraged by Jerry one day this week.  She was introduced to him Tuesday morning and “Developed such a tight bond over these past couple hours; he helped me stay hyped up and focused when it came to marching out in the hot sun.”  Jerry was a praying mantis that hung out on her horn and her hand. 

                Adriel’s Boyfriend came over for dinner.  I enjoy that our family reminisces and jokes with the audience.  He seemed sweet but didn’t get too many words in.
                Seth has been studying his permit book this entire summer.  I told him that Thursday was his deadline.  We know he is smart.  Even though he does not want to get his permit he has to.  If he didn’t pass his test, we would limit screen time until he did pass it.  There are disadvantages to being tested as smart.  People expect more of you.  So I brought him on Thursday.  I enjoyed several questions that stumped Seth.  “Are you here because you want your permit?”  Another one was, “Do you want a permit today?”  He did great.  I told him, “Now you can legally drive us home!”  I did not make him.  We will have to find time to do the whole parking lot start. 
                I did insist we go out somewhere special for a treat.  “Oh mom, I just want to go to my favorite place.”  Home.  Finally, he capitulated, and we ended up at Lime Berry where he refused to smile for the camera but had a big grin as he held his hand in front of the camera lens.  He is adorable.  I wish I had gotten a picture of that huge grin.

                God has blessed me with family, friends, natures beauty and hair that continues to grow back.  May you experience the joy of knowing that your family, friends, and hair are also a blessing from God.  Much Love,


Cristy

2 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet and kind lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. Your hair is very,very cute. I liked the pins you had in it.

    And dinner was yummy! ~ Shelley ❤

    ReplyDelete