Monday, September 24, 2018

9/24/18 Staying Alive

Dear Family,
Neither of us felt like we were going to die this week.  Last week I had Seth drive Brush college road (his second time ever driving after 45 minutes the week before).  He knows people don’t like slow drivers.  I mentioned the sign that said, “End speed limit” and then a car came behind us.  There are no shoulders on Brush college road!  He was driving fast because he didn’t want to bug the person behind us.  We both were scared for our lives!  He pulled over after a couple of miles into a driveway, and we just sat there breathing!  The owner was doing landscaping and came over to investigate.  I asked Seth to roll down the window, and that provided a little stress, but he figured it out.  We mentioned we were catching our breath.  We do have magnets put on the car that say, “Student driver” so the man just laughed and walked away. 
This week I just had Seth drive taking right turns over and over till he was bored with that.  Then he took left turns till he was bored with that.  Then I had him drive the W streets, but whenever I mentioned he should drive by friends houses, he avoided those streets.  Sigh – I guess he’s not ready for that kind of attention.  Either way, Seth is doing great.  We had a calm, even boring time and that is what was needed this week.  Phew!
Seth did homework at home.  Usually, he gets it done at school, so he has more screen time with his computer, but I am glad to see him working hard at home as well.
Adriel was gone Tuesday after I came home from work.  I texted her saying that she needed to send me a picture of parents if she was at her boyfriend's house.  Well, low and behold she texted back a picture of Abiqua falls because Dad had said they could go there!  Not fair!  She said, “That’s what you can do when school is over at 10 AM!”  Well!  Having releases must be nice for our senior who only needs two credits to graduate!  I am jealous, BUT Adriel mentioned she would tell her work she can do the lunch shift on those days because of the amount of her last paycheck. 

Please do pray for our Adriel as she has a cold and does not like it.
Bobby and I enjoyed a night out Thursday.  On the way home I told Bobby he could have easily turned before that car.  He mentioned my fool hearty ways would be the reason I die first.  I had to disagree because God has more for me to do than He has for Bobby.  After rethinking this, I mentioned that we might be one of those old couples that die within hours of each other.  Bobby said that wouldn’t happen because I’m not sappy enough to do that.  We will see.  We will see.

Bobby and I also enjoyed an evening out with friends at an annual Banquet for Western Christian school  We heard many heart wrenching yet wonderful stories about what God is doing, and we were able to give to a wonderful cause.  Bobby thanked me for being generous with some of the extra money I earn.  When he thanked me, I realized that God refuses to let me outgive Him!  That night an Item I had just bought the day before sold on eBay. Nice!  Have you tried this?  When we decided to give more monthly to the church building project – mysteriously God upped our income.  Our God is a generous and loving God.
May you try outgiving God and may you find out you can’t.  May you feel abundantly blessed, loved and may you rejoice in His goodness.  Hugs J


Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment