Monday, September 10, 2018

First week of school 9/10/18

Dear Family,

                I usually cry when Marching Band performs.  I don’t know why!  It’s so beautiful.  I am overwhelmed but can’t put my finger on it.  My emotions are so mixed.  I hate how much time and effort and finances are put in.  I grump that usually hard work equals being paid – not having to pay out.  I hate all the time Adriel is gone.  But then I hear the music and see them perform, and I cry.  Maybe it’s like Sunday morning during the service; when the little ones go up to read the Bible or to sing – I cry for that also.  I know kids usually are out just to run and play but seeing them perform, seeing young people glad to be up front and giving of themselves for God touches my heart.  When my heart is touched my eyes leak.
                Adriel wants to take her “Senior Pictures” with the seniors at Gibson Creek where she serves the elderly food.  I love her heart!  She cracks me up with her fashion choices.  She has decided she likes grandma sweaters and even wears some.  Adorable!
                Adriel is best in our family with flexibility, stamina, and fine motor skills to fix our washing machine whenever something gets sucked down into the trap.  This is usually smaller socks, and it’s a pain.  I can do it but it hurts my back, and I’m just too old.  We could call a repair person, but they have to fit us into their schedule, and we have to pay them.  So Adriel came home after we had spent about 45 minutes on it.  She took over, and Bobby said, “She can’t leave!  We need her to fix the washer.”  Sigh – and yet both kids will leave us – we know it’s true. 
                Adriel is very excited about a laptop computer she bought off Craigslist.  This, of course, is for school.  Oddly it can also play games.  What do you know!?
                Adriel said school is easy.  She only needs one credit each semester to graduate.  She has some releases and will be able to work the lunch and dinner shifts when marching band is over.  Yay her!  She seems to have life pretty well figured out.
                I was able to volunteer during Music day and enjoyed that Adriel gave me a couple of hugs and said, “Hi,” and, “I love you.”  This warms a mom’s heart, and I’m glad I could be there for her.
                Bobby helped me peel and core some apples.  He enjoyed how they just popped off the crank machine.  It was a novelty to him.  He added this skill to cooking dinner for us.  He’s such a blessing. 
                Bobby also was blessed by friends coming over for his Birthday.  He enjoys people.  It’s fun seeing him surrounded by them.
                Bobby and I enjoyed playing board games with the Fenn adults.  I love being able to enjoy another couple.  Now that the kids won’t play board games as much I sure am glad we can enjoy the company of friends.
                Seth mentioned that our cat might be a broken robot.  Her voice sounds like a broken speaker.  She is cute and little.  Seth’s cracks me up about his privacy issues.  He would think our cat is a spy. 

                Because I had forewarned Seth, he resigned himself for a driving appointment with me.  I took him to the Harritt parking lot, and he explored all buttons, going forward and backward and parking both ways.  I enjoy how methodical he is.  I didn’t enjoy how much he wanted to go backward.  I am purposeful about not pushing him beyond his limits.  He didn’t drive out of the parking lot that day, and I didn’t push him too much.  Patience is key.  I delight in watching him grow up.  My son.

                Seth is surviving school. Yay.  He also mowed the lawn, and I love that. 
                I bought “Young Sheldon” the day it came out.  I truly enjoy the humor.  Sometimes I also enjoy remembering some funny things from the kid's childhood.  When Seth was seven years old I was able to have him meet his teacher the week before school started.  She was setting up the classroom and very sweet.  After initial greetings, she said, “So, what do you think?”  He looked around the room that wasn’t ready yet and said, “It’s a little messy.”  What a silly guy.  The teacher and I had a good chuckle.
                I am enjoying this time when the kids are still living at home.  I love seeing them often and getting my one hug a day.  I know this time is fleeting.  May you also enjoy family as you see them.  May theirs smiles warm your heart.  May your eyes light up with the beauty of each day and may you know that the Lord of this Universe – the creator of all things – loves you to Saturn and back.
Much Love,



Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment