Monday, September 17, 2018

9/17/18 Harvest Blessings

Dear Family,

                I told Bobby, “If you feel me jump in the middle of the night it’s because our cat licked me on the mouth.”  He laughed, but I did have to look up on the internet, ‘Why does my cat lick me?’  I found out it’s a sign or love or boredom.  I also read a comment, “I lick my cat because she purrs and likes it.”  People are so odd!  I will never lick Skyra.  She randomly bites!
                Bobby cooked eggs Monday, and I was so pleased.  It used up leftover chopped onions and cheese.  He cooked eggs at my request.  What a guy!
                Bobby was able to pull off his annual BBQ parties again this year.  One at our house for the Junior high and one at the Nagle residence.  I was very pleased with how polite the Junior High group was to me.  Several kids thanked me for hosting at our house.  That was very sweet of them.  That the Nagles gave of their home for a night is also a great blessing.  Thanks, Nagle family!
                Bobby lead a fun game during the BBQ at our house.  I love two truths and a lie.  Life is so varied, and it’s fun to hear what people want to share. 
                Seth is glad when we give him a ride home.  He can normally walk, but if it’s raining, we are willing to drive him.  I like how he always says thanks.  That is very nice of him.  Seth also went to the High school BBQ, and I am glad he was willing to socialize. 
                Teaching Seth to drive is scary for both of us.  Please pray for our safety.  He’s learning, and that is good.  He mentioned that a pedestrian on the side of the road made him nervous.  I said, “They can run.”  He didn’t think that was very reassuring.
                I usually try to have the family pick 100 fruit or weeds a day.  Saturday I asked Seth to pick grapes but told him a cluster only counts as one.  After picking a HUGE bowl full, he announced, “I am done.”  He also argued each cluster should count as more than one.  Bobby agreed.  They outnumber me.  I am pleased that Seth picked 1/3 of the grapes!
                Adriel bought herself a coffee maker.  We don’t drink coffee – well – didn’t.  I don’t; it’s just Adriel.  Yuck.  It makes me shakey.  I don’t like that feeling.  She is so independent.  I am proud of her and miss her already.  I do love her hugs and chatting with her.  We don’t see her much because of work, school, and marching band.  She is so grown up! 
                Funny, as parents our job is happy sad.  We want them to grow up.  Right?
                May your heart fill with God’s love and may you be able to enjoy all God has for you.  May you feel joy at the beautiful, wonderful smelling rain!  The rain that quenches fires.  The rain that feeds our plants.  The rain that falls and leaves rainbows! 
Much love J

Cristy

                

1 comment: