Monday, July 9, 2018

7/9/18 Wasn't the 4th a blast!?

Dear Family,
                I feel truly blessed when family comes to visit and celebrate with us.  It was fun, we celebrated Seth’s late Birthday, and I would have celebrated Dad’s early Birthday, but mom put Dad’s Birthday card away and made him wait.  I remember that – they always were good about having us wait till the proper time for celebration.  I think this is why I always like to send presents a little early – I want it to be there on time, and I believe people will wait to open it.  How silly of me.        
     
                I truly enjoyed walking with my parents, enjoying their company and sharing our lives together.  They are a great source of encouragement and ice cream cake!  Yum J!  We also enjoyed going down memory lane.  It was fun to laugh and enjoy our shared history.  I also enjoyed playing Uno – an old family favorite. 
                What a wonderful celebration the Fourth of July is!  Every year I truly enjoy the gathering we have with neighborhood friends.  Bobby cooked up a storm for this event.  He made scalloped potatoes and raspberry pie.  It was delicious! 
                Bobby enjoyed a great trip to Pamilia lake with some youth group kids. I am enjoying the pictures he brought back.  I love sharing a verse a day, so it’s nice he is permitting me to use some of those pictures.  I am always glad when Bobby comes home from a trip.  It’s nice to know he is safe.
                Speaking of photographic talent, Seth has been sharing pictures with me for a while to prove he went on a daily walk for exercise.  I appreciated one of his pictures and asked permission to share it.  How fun!  I think Seth enjoys my appreciation because he’s started using a more artistic approach as he takes his pictures.  He also permitted me to use his pictures.
                A friend at the Fourth celebration mentioned, “Oh, Look at Seth supervising the littles!”  I had to run over and take a picture.  How sweet that Seth was enjoying being with the children for a bit.  
Later he even enjoyed the people his age enough to stay longer than Dad did.  I hate it when we bring three cars to an event that is walking distance, but I do understand that it’s nice because we all come and go at different times.
                Adriel came late to the Fourth celebration because she had to work till 7:15 PM.  She had started at 7:45 AM!  Goodness!  One thing I have noticed is that Adriel goes to bed early on the days she works early.  I am proud of her work ethic and dedication to do a good job. 
                I received in the mail the prototype of a book Adriel, and I made.  I will treasure this book forever because Adriel did the artwork.  Adriel is such a good artist!  I am so blessed that she did this!  I’ll edit it soon and then maybe even get it printed as God leads!

                May you find peace in all that you do.  May God bless you and keep you, may your heart be full and your smile bubble up from true joy.  Hugs J



Cristy

1 comment: