Monday, July 23, 2018

7/23/18 Skyra in the oddest places

Dear Family,
            I have to admit that I was encouraged because someone was encouraged by my encouragement.  Sounds like a tongue twister but I’ll share the details, and you will understand.  I enjoyed a joke in Sunday school and had to include it in a letter to a sponsor child we have in Africa.  He is 17.  He said “I am constantly blessed by the letters that you send to me.  I am happy to hear that your husband Bobby preached great even though he doesn’t like to preach.  You should know that this all happened because of the Holy Spirit who was with him.  I am also grateful to hear that Bobby is the Youth Pastor and he has worked hard in organizing all the youth volunteers. I am also one of the youth leaders in our Church since I am the chairperson of the Junior youth.”
Next, he references a joke I sent to him which I got from Hal Washburn, and this is the joke:  A professor asked the class to look out the window.  “Do you see the birds?”  The class replied affirmatively.  “Do you see the trees?”  The class also said, “Yes.”  Then he said, “Do you see God?”  The class responded, “No.”  And the professor said, “That’s because there is no God.”  A student responded with, “Do you see the professors tie?”  The class said, “Yes.”  “Do you see his shoes?”  The class also said, “Yes.”  Then he said, “Do you see his brain?” 
So Samuel says about this: “The Joke that you heard from the Sunday School is so much amazing such that a small student can prove that God exists even though we can’t see him.  Your letter has really inspired me a lot.”
Then he shares a verse and says, “Much love, Samuel.”  Isn’t that sweet?  This helps me understand why my mom spends so much time writing letters to people from other countries.  We can influence people one on one and not even have to leave our house.  I’m inspired by Samuel’s inspiration, how fun!
Our kitty Skyra has learned to use the cat door!  No more litter box!  I love how she follows me everywhere.  Inside or outside – that is truly fun. I also love that she sits in the oddest places!

            I enjoyed a visit with a friend Jenn Fenn. She came over for coffee and muffins (I baked muffins, she brought coffee drinks).  It was fun to get to know her. 
            I have an interview for an Administrative Assistant job Monday the 23rd.  Please pray for God’s will as I explore this opportunity!  I’m excited for the privilege to interview.
            Adriel was playing online games, and she said to a friend, “You can’t say that!  Those are sinner’s words.”  She doesn’t have to talk to me so much; she’s loud enough to just let me know everything that is going on in her and her friend’s lives.  She is adorable.
            Bobby and Seth came back from Camp tired and happy.  God worked during camp, and five people accepted him while many others chose to pursue God more than they did before.  I love hearing their stories and knowing that they enjoyed themselves.  I also love that when I asked Seth if he wouldn’t mind being at camp all summer, he said he would like that.  I did dig further, and he’s not willing to be a counselor or do any kitchen work.  He just likes being a camper.  Either way – he has no computer there, and that’s pretty neat that he likes camp enough to give up computers!
            My heart is full!  May God bless you, may his face shine upon you, may your heart be filled by his loving sunshine and beautiful breezes.
            Much Love,


Cristy

            

No comments:

Post a Comment