Monday, July 16, 2018

7/16/18

Dear Family,
            I am considering the power of words and what they do to us.  It’s like my lower belly.  I do want to get rid of it.  I exercise daily and eat pretty good.  I went to the gym to interview them for prices.  In the process, they asked my exercise goals, and I mentioned the lower belly area.  He said that isn’t a workout issue, that is something taken care of in the kitchen.  What he meant was, I need to eat better or less.  I have decided to change my workout goals.  Sometimes it’s just not worth it!
Anyway back to words.  I feel they are truly powerful.  I know it says that “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” Proverbs 18:25.  I also know that God’s words are compared to a double-edged sword in Hebrews 4:12.  “12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”  Please pray with me as I ponder these things and seek God’s wisdom.
On to blessings which are also powerful in my life.  I believe blessings are a part of the discipline of giving God thanks as in, “He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.” Psalm 50:23  I can only hope that the things I say and the attitude of my heart furthers God’s kingdom.
Adriel continues to work five days a week.  Monday she was bemoaning that the only significant thing she did that day was going to work.  I told her, “Welcome to the club.”  I like it that Pastor Marcus’ sermon was on working hard for the Lord.  I truly believe that to be true.  I believe work is a blessing.  That we CAN work is truly a blessing.
Adriel’s friends stopped by on free slushy night.  She was at work, but I had to let her know she is loved.  It was sweet of them to come by.
Seth is amazing at interconnectivity with computers.  I enjoy watching him get his games or other things on the big screen.  I don’t know how he does it, but I think it’s cool.
Seth also has a repeat customer.  It was fun to hear him explain over the phone how to do something and resolve a computer issue remotely.  I am proud of him for doing that.
Also, at church, there was a small emergency.  No one was manning the power point.  Pastor Marcus started doing it for song time but several people poked Seth on the shoulder, and he finished up the rest of 2nd service.  He’s a hero in my eyes, yay Seth!
Seth packed himself for camp this year, and it was fun to check his work.  He’s got this J.  He’s going to a week of camp, and I know God will work in his heart and life.
I enjoyed visiting with the O'Neill family as they had the youth group over to their house.  They have an impressive obstacle course with a zip line and everything.  I truly enjoyed talking to Nancy and serving ice cream with her J.  What fun!  And Bobby even thanked me for joining them. 
Bobby also helped me a little with training our kitty to go through the cat door.  I’m very glad he said I could get another cat.  It was nice we could have a date this week and that we could also enjoy a game night with friends.  Bobby is good company, and I am glad for that.
I am very glad everyone helps pick raspberries and friends as well.  God blesses sooooo much sometimes!  Now I have even opened it up to facebook strangers (part of the Buy Nothing West Salem group).  Maybe God can even use the Raspberries as an outreach.
An acquaintance asked if I would mind hosting a pampered chef party and I was excited about the word “PARTY!” so I had a couple of ladies over this week and we had fun eating and talking about all the new kitchen gadgets out there.  It was her first person to person party (I guess they are usually done online now).  I invited Bobby, Adriel, and Seth, but they all hid in various places.  I don’t mind them – they didn’t want to join.  More food for us.  And no, we didn’t have any ice cream left over.
With so many blessings and so much to be thankful for may you also feel God’s love pouring out on you.  Hugs J Cristy

 P.S. I'm glad Skyra has used the potty litter box, now if she would just learn how to use the cat door!

No comments:

Post a Comment