Monday, July 2, 2018

7/2/18 New Kitty

Dear Family, 
            At just the right time the Humane society decided to make cat adoptions free.  Our new kitty Skyra (the name they gave her) is affectionate with a capital A.  She seems to have lived with an invalid on their bed.  She loves the bed, at first she only went off when I went away and didn’t care to play much.  Adriel said we will call her Small kitty and I am fine with that. 
Seth loves Skyra.  He tries to hold Skyra belly up like he held Ripley.  She doesn’t like it, but he says, “She’ll learn.”  It is just a trust issue.  I think she might.
Seth mowed the lawn.  It took him several days, but it’s done and looks nice.  Skyra still wouldn’t let him hold her belly up later on in the week, so he’s learning how to hold a normal cat.  It’s quite awkward but adorable.  She likes him, but more on her terms.  She is so small!  She is three years old and 6.42 lbs.  She will probably never be as big as Ripley who was at 8.2 lbs.


Tuesday Adriel asked for car insurance information.  I gave it to her.  Then she asked for health insurance information, and I said, “Please tell me you weren’t in a car accident and are now riding in an ambulance!” She wasn’t.  She just needed the info for Marching band.  It would have been nice if she started with that.
Walking with friends has been fun.  I also have been gardening about 2 hours a day because I can’t just pick fruit – I have to prune it back, weed and everything.  I am glad people buy plants, they help it look nice.
            Adriel was super busy this week with Marching band in 9AM-4PM and then work 4:45 PM - 7:15 PM. Adriel mentioned that she spent some time at Dairy Queen socializing with Hal, Deena and Marnie Washburn.  Her friend had asked her to go to Dairy Queen, but she had to go to work instead.  They had changed her schedule, so when she arrived, she found out that she didn’t have work.  She opted for Dairy Queen, and a different friend was there.  Adriel was sitting with her friend.  Then Hal came over and just gave Adriel $5.  Adriel’s friend was really confused, and it must have been a fun interaction.  So Adriel had a great time and didn’t even have to pay for it.  What a fun blessing.  Hal mentioned at church how they enjoyed their conversation with her because she came and sat with them for a while.  He also used to play baritone, who knew!
I love the pictures Bobby sent from camp.  It looks like he had fun.  I also enjoyed listening to him tell stories when he came home.  He said he had the best boys in the group.  How fun J.
I enjoyed having a window washer wash our windows.  I am excited to have the high up ones washed for the first time in ever.  He showed me (probably unintentionally) how windows can pop right out.  That makes them incredibly more easy to wash!  Now it’s possible for ME to wash the upstairs ones.  Ta daaaa!  He was doing it to wash the tracks out.  Incredible! 
            Heidi Kravitz, her kids, and Gabe helped pick Raspberries this week.  I am so blessed when people pick the raspberries because there are so many.  It is truly overwhelming!  Someone also came on Sunday as well J.  It makes my day that people smile and are happy to do work in my yard. 
I truly enjoyed a smores event put on by our church.  It was completely relaxing and very fun, even though I did gain two pounds. 
Two events happened this week to remind me of God’s love:
I walked from home to Firestone on Commercial Saturday.  While going over the footbridge, I observed a sweet family with a boy that did NOT want to walk over the bridge.  He was scared and refused to let them make it a game.  He also howled when dad tried to pick him up.  In the convincing, I overheard, “I will hold your hand.”  This reminded me of my favorite verse in the Bible.  Isaiah  41:13 “For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” I wanted to stop and tell the boy that his dad wants him to grow, conquer his fear, and be a big boy.  I wanted to let him know that sometimes dad will ask you to do things that are hard or scary but that doesn’t mean they are bad!  I wanted to let him know that is how God is.  Even when we are upset, God will hold our hand.  Instead, I kept walking and just had a moment with myself because I didn’t want to be known as the memory of, “That crazy lady.”  Maybe I should have done my speech, but I also cried just thinking of it which would have added to the crazy lady theory.  Or maybe that story is for us, not the boy.  Either way, I was touched by the thought that God holds my hand thru the hard times.  During church pastor Marcus mentioned Colossians 3:15, “Let the peace of Christ RULE in your hearts since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful.”  The pastor said that trusting and letting Him rule makes it so God can use us.  Yes!  I so want to be used!
Also, Skyra has a cold.  Poor thing.  So I brought her to the animal hospital.  The thing about the animal hospital is that emergencies happen and a couple brought in their six-week-old puppy.  Oh, the lady was weeping.  The puppy had fallen, and there was blood.  The lady would do anything to make that baby better.  Weeping – so I also began to cry because I am a sympathetic crier and, yes, I’m crying now just thinking of it.  Oh, the poor puppy.  Payment had to be discussed, and the man wanted more detail before they went in.  This makes sense, but it seemed so out of place!  The puppy could DIE!  And you want to talk about payment?  The lady said, “We want her to get better!”  During church, I thought about how Jesus was willing to give all, his life so that we could get better.  Jesus counted the cost.  Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates his love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”  Oh goodness.  How heartbreaking that we have fallen and can die.  The cost has to be accounted for, and I am so glad Jesus thought it through, and we are worth it.

May your heart be glad because you are so very loved.  May you find joy in those you love.  May you know how very, very loved you are J Hugs, Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment