Monday, February 26, 2018

2/26/18

Dear Family,
                Sometimes hardship makes people shine!  I would like to say that I would take a bullet if someone started shooting in our lunch room.  We will never know unless it happens.  I have no clue if I could shoot someone though – I don’t think I have ever fired a gun in my life.  If Trump says teachers should carry guns, don’t you think lunch ladies (or men) should? 
                Teamwork is something I value and respect.  When one of my team is out sick the rest of my team is willing to step in, come early, and do the hard work.  I am so blessed by the team at my job.  My heart warms when I think of them and how much effort they give every day.
                Seth still shares his computer with Adriel this blesses me.  Seth studied hard for a test, and I love watching him work hard.  Seth also walked home when Adriel had to stay after school for sectionals.  I am so glad he can do this.  It’s not that far, and it is not dangerous.
                Bobby cooked some yummy turkey gravy and mashed potatoes this week.  Bobby also thanked me for helping out at youth group again.  I do like feeling useful.  Bobby took the high schoolers on a retreat this week.  I was alone.  At first I truly missed them and was sad . . . But, after a couple of hours all was well.  Ripley is great company.  I am just glad the rest of my family came back home safe.
Adriel was sick one day this week.  It was nice that she thanked me for doing some of her chores.  After she was healthy, it was wonderful to see her talkative and cute as can be.  Because she isn’t secretive about her life, I feel blessed. 
                Adriel also cleaned out her room.  This includes trying on a lot of clothes, dancing around, making a huge mess and doing laundry of clothes that were probably clean.  This also equals two boxes to the Union Gospel Mission and one laundry basket full of garbage.  She still had plenty left over.  I am amazed that room holds so much.  AND although she was in the process of cleaning her room she left a big mess over the weekend. 
                To share that all is not a bed of roses and to help Adriel not fall into the wrong crowd I did make this chart because Adriel has not been coming home after school and because she has been leaving her room a mess.  I believe this chart can bring lasting change.  Also, it only took Adriel ½ an hour to earn all her clothes back.  I wasn’t planning on sharing it with you but Adriel shared it with her friends so here goes.
All items are chosen by mom at random
Only happens if items are on floor
Earning clothes
Loosing Clothes
Show me your clean room 1x a day 5 items
Random check reveals messy room -5 items
Come home, spend 15 min at least home.  ASK to do plans.  5 items.  (You may bring friends in, make popcorn, raspberry shakes, chocolate pb shakes.  You may make ahead brownies, rice crispy treats, cookies, muffins, cobbler, apple crisp, cake.  Or you may ask me to make day ahead.  You may offer leftovers.)
I have to call or text and ask, "Where are you?" -5 items
If not coming home TEXT me to tell me where at (only for Band or Homework). 1 item (Telling Seth doesn't count.)

If I am not home TEXT me to ask to go anywhere. 1 item

Draw a picture.  10 items
Be late drawing a picture.  5 items
Show me grades 1x a week. A = 2 items B = 1 item
I look at grades at random.  C = -1 item D= -2 items
1 hug a day = 1 item

Pray before mom goes to bed = 5 items
Scorn = room check
Coming home early up to 5 min = 1 item per min.
Coming home late from event = -1 item per min up to -5 items
Make me laugh (your own stories or videos) = +10 items
Make me cry = all items again


Ask permission to use cell in room = +2
Cell phone in room w/out permission = -2
Keep laundry basket in room more than an hour = -2
Bring laundry basket down within hour of bringing it up = +2
All items will be given when you can put them away nicely.  Never put items on the floor!
All items may be thrown away if torn or inappropriate.  Stop buying clothes.  You have 2 many.

                Adriel’s friends shared how ridiculous they felt this was and included swear words.  That her friends use swear words shows me they are the wrong type of people.  I did include humor so – I am glad she found it a bit light hearted.

                May you find you don’t have to make charts like this one.    May you find in all things that putting your trust in God brings lasting time of joy and peace.  Psalm 25:1 “In You, Lord my God, I put my trust.”  Much love, Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment