Monday, February 19, 2018

2/19/18

Dear Family,
           
            I love how, “Wherever you go, you bring yourself” (Neil Gaiman).  This quote makes me think of how we are sometimes surprised when others react the same to us in different situations.  Adriel had a funny awestruck look when she mentioned that her friends ran out of patience with her when thrift store clothes shopping.  She said, “I told them my mom gets bored too!”  Poor guys, Adriel has this amazing habit of looking at everything and then, when you think it’s over, that is when she wants to go back and analyze.  She needs to shop with girls.  They might not only tolerate, but they may enjoy this kind of shopping as well.
            Adriel is so sweet and so very, very social.  She hugs me and says, “I love you,” when I let her be with friends.  That girl would be out 24/7 if we let her.  She even goes out when sick and then – poor thing – had to stay home on Tuesday.  She slept it off and was good to go the next morning.  She reminds me of Bobby with how social she is.  Someone mentioned they didn’t know Adriel was good with kids.  I said, “You know how Bobby is with youth?  That’s how good Adriel is with kids.”
            Bobby is wise in his assignments.  I am OK with doing youth group but felt unneeded.  Bobby asked me to help clean up while the rest of the group goes to the gym.  This arrangement is perfect!  It’s quiet, peaceful, doesn’t take much time and I feel like I helped.  Yay for Bobby being wise and that he knows me so well.
            Bobby continues to have a cold.  He is working through it.  I know this won’t end in death, but you can pray for Bobby and the kids.  They are coughing, even in the night.
            Bobby cooked several meals this week, and it was nice to eat, “Real food,” and to enjoy each other’s company.  The kids were frustrated when Bobby didn’t cook for two weeks because he was sick.  They even had me cook a meal and thanked me afterward. 
            I am blessed when Bobby visits his mom and brings home things like muffins or a huge Armoir.  Goodness, it’s nice he has a truck.
            Thanks for your valentines wishes my sweet family.  It’s always fun to get nice mail.
            One evening after dinner, while Bobby and I continued sitting, the kids emptied the dishwasher.  We had to laugh when Adriel called Seth back to clean out the “Silverwarie things.”  When Seth whined a little Adriel said, “Hey, I don’t make the rules.”  Good times, One kid does dishes, the other does, “Silverware and Silverwarie things.”
            Seth cracked a Gardner up this week.  The man came by to give us a bid while Bobby was grilling outside.  When Seth heard the doorbell, he was wondering why in the world Bobby didn’t just come in.  Seth answered the door with, “What do you want?”  Immediately, when Seth saw he was talking with a stranger his face assumed a look of shock and chagrin.  The Gardner had to mention it later with a laugh.  I love how he copied Seth’s deep voice.  Our Seth is only 14, but he’s so manly!
            As we celebrate presidents day today may we pray for all leaders.  May God be the guide of our country and our hearts.  May we find divine presence in our heart of hearts and may we listen to His direction and guidance.  Rev 3:20 says, “ Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.”  What a wonderful friend to have.  Love

Cristy
           



No comments:

Post a Comment