Monday, February 5, 2018

2/5/18

Dear Family,

            To express how blessed we are is not only a discipline but it is a command to “rejoice in the Lord always” Phil 4:4.  I read this week that, “Though he may slay me, yet I will praise him.” Job 13:15.  I have no reason to complain!  God has given us so much we can provide to others out of His overflow.  This is my, our, good old days of the future.  We (and I am pretty sure this means you – because you are reading this online) have food, shelter, wi-fi.  We are the wealthy 1% of the world, and we have the freedom to worship the one true God (or not to).  Wow, listening to wonderful sermons grounded in the Word is the beginning of true wisdom or, “The fear of God” is Prov 9:10. 
            And here are my specific blessings:
            Bobby cooked twice this week.  One of the meals he took something from the freezer.  I love it when we use things from storage.  It fills up in the fall when there is harvest and then slowly empties out.  I am thankful our family is eating raspberries and other foods that need to get consumed.    
            Bobby also did a lot of manual labor in our yard.  He took apart a stand made of bricks, put the dirt from it into 5-gallon buckets and planting pots.  All this to make room for the truck Dad gave us.  Our house now has Dad's vehicle parked in a perfect spot beside the house.  It only runs over a few flowers.
            Bobby also continues to thank me for attending youth group.  He also has abundance.  There are plenty of leaders.  I am not needed, but it is nice to be appreciated.  I am wanted.
            Bobby and I also were able to go out on a date thanks to Hal and Deena’s generous gift of a gift card.  I heard this was for Christmas.  It was nice to be able to go out, relax and enjoy food prepared for us.
            Adriel remains sweet, beautiful and fun.  She babysat several times this week and is now being referred out.  How fun, people are willing to share her.
            Adriel asked if she could get help with homework.  I was kind of aghast.  I don’t feel qualified.  It was nice to know she meant from a teacher.  We both agreed, of course, she would go to her teacher.
            Seth mowed the lawn this week.  He remains sweet and is always good for a hug.  I love that he has grown so much.  I decided to shop for the next size up.  He’s only 14 – He will probably become even taller like my dad.  Wow!
            Poor Ripley.  Disaster has struck in the form of another kitty.  Now Ripley has endured two car rides and has a cone on her head.  She will heal, but I know she does not believe any of this will turn out good.  My ways are not her ways.  I know the car ride (which terrifies her) brings her to the vet.  I know the vet will help.  I know that what they do helps her.  She doesn’t understand and hates the cone.  This reminds me that even when I feel things seem wrong my ways are not like God’s.  He is growing me, forming my character and bringing me closer to him.  As you think of poor Ripley, please pray for her healing and patience. 


            Thanks so much, Hugs, Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment