Monday, January 29, 2018

1/29/18

Dear Family,

                Sometimes we look back on a week and are glad it is over.  I had a beautiful week, but the kids had finals and are delighted to be free especially since we had no school on Friday.  That was nice.
                Seth informed me that he was not worried about finals.  He also asked me to take away the controllers to our gaming system so that he would be forced to study.  I had no problem with that and found it encouraging that he was studying.
                Last Wednesday I told Seth we would be leaving for youth group in 25 minutes.  After 5 Seth was ready to go.  Wow!  I wasn’t that ready!  It is neat that Seth enjoys his time there especially since his Dad is the leader.
                Seth was able to take some time on Saturday to help a neighbor with her computer.  I believe this was his first paid computer job and I enjoyed visiting with Dell & Donna afterward.  (Thanks, guys J!)
                Seth was throwing a bell for our cat, and I heard a thunderous noise.  Thank goodness Seth had caught my computer monitor as it fell towards the ground.  I guess Ripley had knocked it over somehow.  Goodness!
                Adriel took a lot of time doing test corrections for a class called A-push.  I heard it was a hard class and I am glad she is willing to give time to this.
                Adriel continues to draw and fix drawings for my book.  They are looking great and better than I could do.  I am glad we can pay her and that she is willing to do them.  Please pray with me that she enjoys her work and continues to be motivated when friends and video games are also crying out for attention.
                Bobby and I were able to enjoy a date.  It is good to spend time together and eat yummy food.  Bobby continues to be thankful I help out with youth group, and I am glad to be useful. 
                One night this week Bobby cooked Beef Stroganoff.  It was very yummy. 
                Bobby was able to spend Saturday morning with his dad.  They enjoyed each other’s company, and in the end, dad gave us a truck!  We are excited to have and use it since I spent years borrowing from friends and neighbors.  Wow!  Thanks, dad! 
                As time passes and I look back on the good, the hard, the challenges I feel God is working for good.  His hand is in our lives, and we are blessed when we rest in him and choose to grow where we are.  May you find this same peace as you reflect and develop. 
                Much love,  Cristy

                

No comments:

Post a Comment