Monday, January 8, 2018

1/8/2018

Dear Family,

                Have you ever noticed that sometimes life shifts on you?  I remember thinking I wanted to be a Bible Translator in Africa.  I had watched Ee-Tau, a fantastic missionary movie by New Tribes Mission.  I saw an entire tribe dance (they said for two hours) and lift the missionaries upon their shoulders!  That looked amazing, and I wanted that.  Then I took Greek.  I also met the handsome and fabulous Bobby.  My mind decided I would be much happier with more relationships and less hard studies.  For the most part, I am glad with the life decisions I have made.  On some levels, I wish I had thought things thru better.  New Tribes doesn’t translate the Bible – they do skits to show the Bible.  Translation with Wycliffe is an entirely different agency than New Tribes Mission.
                This story is to bring up a request for prayer for my Adriel.  For years she has said she wanted to be a Coroner.  I have been skeptical since she likes good smells.  Now she is taking a class she hates (that has to do with naming body parts).  It may merely be the teacher, but these are formative years.  At the same time, Adriel is starting to draw for my book.  She has also been commissioned by someone else to be an artist for pay.  Adriel mentioned she didn’t know Art could make money.  I will be proud no matter what Adriel does.  I just want her to live with no regrets.  For all I know, she could end up being a teacher.
                Adriel is enjoying putting together a gaming computer.  She bought some more parts and spent hours fiddling with it at her friend from Kindergarten’s house.  My sister has friends from way back.  It’s fun knowing people their whole lives.  I feel that kind of loyalty is beautiful.
                Adriel brought the garbage can in from the sidewalk.  She is truly helpful.
                Adriel has always loved people.  On Sunday a preschooler wanted to show her his stuffed Animal.  She was talking with friends and didn’t notice him.  I said her name, and she looked over at me.  When I pointed down Adriel’s delight at talking with him was genuine.  When I mentioned to her how much I appreciate her care for little ones she said, “Oh, Oliver?  Yes, I adore him.”
                Seth cracks me up.  He LOVES grandma’s rolls.  She left a bunch, and he’s just eating them up.  He said, “They are sooooo good.”  I also noticed I have 12 boxes of cereal on my shelf.  Having that much cereal is very odd.  Those grains used to just fly off the shelf.  I find out – Seth and I were the only ones eating it.  Goodness.  But it still goes on sale!  How can I pass up such good deals?  I can’t.  Now we have seventeen boxes of cereal.
                Seth can do his school work and talk with his teachers to keep his grades up.  I am glad because one class looked terrible.  It is good that Seth can work with teachers to get the results he needs. 
                Seth has a fantastic singing voice.  People can’t help but comment on how great he harmonizes.  He enjoyed the story of where this came from.  Grandma and Grandpa Leng both sing beautifully.  They were going to tour the world in their green velvet suits.  Alas, grandma loves classical music and grandpa hard rock.  Seth laughed when I said, “So that didn’t work out.”

                I did something very uncharacteristic. My phone did not have enough memory to store an audiobook from the Library on it.  I had to download in pieces, and it was getting tiresome.  I started looking for phones.  At just the same time my friend asked on Facebook if anyone would buy hers.  It is much fancier than I would usually purchase but I love it.  (Thanks for the Christmas money, Mom Webb.) What I also cherish is that Seth was helpful setting it up.  He may have been more excited about this than I was.  Seth certainly has tech skills.
                Bobby texted me saying, “I’m making French soup is there anything else you want me to make with it?”  I had to reply with, “French bread, French dressing, French Fries.”  Bobby was tickled with the Better Off Dead reference and mentioned it several times. 
                Bobby noticed I was having a hard time with my dollar tea diffusers.  They were breaking.  He out of the blue ordered me some nicer ones.  They are darling!  That was very thoughtful and kind!  I feel blessed.  Bobby also bought our family pizza the other day, and it was super yummy.
                Our sanctuary remodel has begun.  Bobby was sore from the switch to manual labor.  It’s going to be amazing.  One week of volunteer labor and the sanctuary is ready for the pro’s to move in.  How beautiful and exciting to have everything ready to go!  Please pray for safety and that the workers feel blessed by our church.  Even this can be an outreach opportunity.  It has been in the past.

                May this season of dark, rainy and dreary not hinder you from feeling the newness of the year.  May you feel the excitement of new beginnings and may you be able to make goals and rely on God to keep them.  Hugs and love J Cristy

1 comment:

  1. I admire your faithfulness in writing your Blessings. It is a pleasure to hear about Adriel & Seth. I know God smiles down on your whole family Cristy, and they love you for all you do for them. May you be blessed in your coming in, and going out. May the Lord pour His Blessings upon you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete