Monday, January 15, 2018

1/15/18

Dear Family,
                Sometimes it’s the simple, peaceful, quiet things that bless me.  I enjoyed coming home to Seth on the couch petting Ripley.  I joined them.  Adriel came home a minute later and joined us.  We were all gathered petting our kitten, and it was utterly joyful.  Adriel exclaimed it was a kitten petting party!  Ripley kind of liked all the attention.  It was fun to be in that proximity together, loving life.
                Another day I was watching undercover boss, and Adriel came home.  She asked me to turn it up.   I was pleased to share a moment while she still lives at home.
                Praying with the kids at the end of the day blesses my heart.  I love that they are willing to hold my hand and give a hug at the end.
                I was driving both kids home, and Adriel mentioned that the reason her computer isn’t working is that the internal clock is overwound (or something odd like that).  I remembered aloud about Y2K and how everyone was worried all computers would die because the date was turning from 1999 to 2000.  People stocked up on food and water.  Seth said, “That is dumb.”  Then I mentioned how people thought the world would end because the Mayan calendar ended.  Such terror.  Seth said, “Isn’t that just a brand?”  Silly Seth.
                We visited a friend, and Seth was holding their cat making it purr.  But cats can only handle so much of Seth, so he was chasing it and picking it up.  He mentioned that he would lose weight taking care of a cat like that.  It was heavy compared to our kitten.
                The kids were a little snarky one morning.  I like to console myself with the thought that a few grumpy words are much easier to deal with than dirty diapers.  I mentioned this to another mother of a teen and continued to be glad that not only is that season of life over BUT the future includes them changing our diapers.  HA!  I mentioned this to Seth, and he said he would run away to Canada to avoid this.  I think he forgot my connections.  This is where my relatives live.  I can find him!
                Bobby cooked several delicious meals.  He continues to make the bed, and we enjoyed Rebecca and Jacob Young’s wedding reception at the church.  They are such a sweet couple!  We are so blessed to know them.  They played a newlywed game.  Bobby and I enjoyed answering the questions to each other (not onstage).  It’s funny how I forgot what my favorite movie is and he forgot his favorite color.  We each knew the others – silly us. 
                Adriel has been working hard to keep her grades up.  She is grateful that we don’t bug her as other parents do.  B’s are considered good for us.  Her friend's parents make their kids do straight A’s.  Goodness – I tried my hardest and ended up with B’s.  Adriel mentioned that she knows she can do better than that.  Good for her.
                Adriel drew her first picture for my book.  I am excited to see how the rest turns out.  It’s going to be incredible.  This book I feel called to publish!  May God do what he wants and bless others J.
                May you find joy in the little things.  May peace fill your life in abundance.  May you choose God’s way and live in his grace.  Much Love,


Cristy

                

1 comment: