Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year 1/1/2018

Dear Family,

Happy New Year’s day!!  As we reflect on the past and get excited about the new, may our focus be on Gods will.  May we find peace in our decisions, discretion in our heads.  As we reflect, may we see how we grew.
Right now, this New Years Day morning I feel so very loved by God.  He woke me up at my usual work time (3:30 AM) letting me know He is giving me the gift of “time.”  I don’t feel tired even though I went to bed late for me (9:30 New Years Eve).  I have all day.  If I need to, I can take a nap.  But when I consider . . When I wonder, . . . “Will I be able to wake up at 3:30 am my first workday back tomorrow?”  I feel God saying, “I’ve got your back.”  I don’t have to worry; He already proved Himself today.  And here is the amazing thing – I don’t remember the last time I used an alarm to wake up.  God has been waking me up for years.  My job is to get to bed 8 hours before I’m supposed to wake up.  That is all.  That’s what I do.  I know that if God wants me to have time to pray and read His word, He will wake me up. 
Psalm 127:1-2
Unless the Lord builds the house,
    the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
    the guards stand watch in vain.
In vain you rise early
    and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat—
    for He grants sleep to those He loves.

I believe resting in the Lord and being able to give him all worries is the key to the best nights sleep.  He even takes care of waking us up if we let him.
How delightful it is to be adopted into a family that loves us and invites our family to enjoy Christmas day (and New Year's Eve) with them.  We enjoyed games, fellowship, and fabulous cooking.
Bobby cooked stuffing for our Christmas Duvall gathering.  It is still fantastic as leftovers.
Seth enjoyed himself so much Christmas day that he even joined in on a game of Scum.  He watched for about a half an hour.  I remember my sister was like this.  She didn’t talk for years then came out with a full sentence.
Seth always laughs when I make a cat fighting sound.  He’s so fun!
Seth gave some computer parts to Adriel.  I do enjoy that they share this same love for computers, computer parts and switching things out for new ones. 
Seth is excited about a tablet and phone that he has bought.  Both at low prices with low price tags.  He’s smart.  I am noticing that he shuns apple for their high price tag.  There is a big part of me that would love to abandon my phone for a cheaper one with better specs, but, convenience wins out – they let me transfer all my stuff too quickly.  Maybe later.
To all who gave Adriel and Seth money – thank you!  They were able to think harder about what they wanted and then buy it at slashed prices. 
Adriel was excited to get a $5 widescreen monitor from the Union Gospel Mission.  I am delighted that we can support the UGM every time we shop.  We didn’t know if they would have one.  In the parking lot, I prayed for God’s will.  When they had the perfect screen at such a low price, it was fabulous!
Adriel had me drive her to Gresham on Saturday to buy a computer part from a guy named Scott at a fantastic price.  I enjoyed reviewing the year with her as we had several hours to be acquainted.
Adriel has enjoyed several days where she went over to friends houses to exchange gifts, or play video games or just enjoy.  I love, love, love that she can drive herself!  She was even happy to come home and clean one day!
Bobby leads the youth group well, and I enjoyed joining them for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings.  I found it fascinating that the demographics included “youth” from days of old who are past college and married now, some that are in college, some that are family of youth leaders, and three youth.  It makes sense that having followers wouldn’t stop if they graduate – people still want to be with Bobby even when they have moved on from the High School stage.
Visiting biological family is always a privilege.  We enjoyed having Nicole and her kids over.  I loved watching Adriel and Bobby sort thru legos with Bill and Jack.  Nicole (my cousin) even joined in after a while.  It was funny seeing the combinations that Star Wars, the Hobbit, and Pirates of the Caribean can make.  Mermaids with Alien Heads cracked me up.  I just wish I remembered to take pictures of our gathering. 
Bobby made delicious tacos, and I just love that he does make enough for leftovers.  I could eat soft tacos every day!
A big shout out to Sarah Duvall.  She recommended the movie, “Spare Parts.”  We checked it out from the local library.  The DVD was a hit with the whole family.  Delightful!
My entire family was eager to clear the downstairs area when I had some ladies over to play board games.  I didn’t even ask them to!  Adriel decided to draw upstairs (which I am excited to see!).  Seth and Bobby were just up there!  We had several hours of quiet.  Maybe I should do this more often.  It was very nice!
May your thoughts turn towards the goodness of God as you can.  May you feel his love, grace, and warmth.  Much love,


Cristy




No comments:

Post a Comment