Sunday, January 21, 2018

1/21/18

Dear Family,
                Isn’t answered prayer a blessing?  Being heard, knowing God cares enough to listen when we talk with him is such a great blessing.  It is beautiful to be able to tell someone who knows all, loves all and owns all, my concerns.  I have bathed our youth group in prayer for about a month now because I knew they were going to do something potentially dangerous.  During Christmas break, I walked with friends, and one has sustained two broken arms.  YIKES!  She is managing and will heal, but her life is on hold for about six months.  Oh, I pray for her healing and you can also pray for Stacy. I came to find out this injury happened at the Ice Skating rink on River Front, where our youth group planned to go January 15th.  Every time a group wanted to pray, my request was about the Youth group going ice skating.  Goodness!  Gods answer, Not only did the kids not break anything but they had a good time.  I stood on the sidelines, took pictures and cleaned spills.  To me, the danger was not worth it.  Praise God – no injuries!
                Bobby skated around the ice rink over and over again.  I enjoyed hearing a youth tell me, “Bobby is such an amazing skater!  How does he do that!? 

                I also enjoyed reading some about Martin Luther King.  His faith in God and devotion to peaceful protesting was beautiful.  God’s people help bring Justice.  I am glad for Martin Luther King as we celebrated a day without school.
                Bobby usually does not like anything white and creamy; bananas, sour cream, cream cheese, mousse, or anything with banana flavor or cream cheese in it.  I found it funny that he created and ate something he has never tasted before.  Bobby did a great job, his eggs benedict from scratch was delicious.  I just found it funny that he made something I wouldn’t expect him ever to try.  What a guy.
                Bobby didn’t mind driving to McMinnville at night in the rain.  His Uncle had a world premiere showing of a movie he had made.  I am impressed by Bobby’s love for his family.
                Bobby also got up with me and drove over the bridge to get Adriel’s car after some repairs.  I am glad he is willing to help out with these things.
                Adriel enjoyed hiking with friends on Martin Luther King Day.  I like that she gets out there, exercises, and has fun. 

                Adriel was very kind to me before her hike.  She told me how good I am at sewing.  Much better than her.  I know she was buttering me up to sew for her, but it was kind of her to say such lovely things.
                Poor Adriel.  Wednesday night she became sick.  She called to let me know.  I don’t understand why she called, but I was at prayer group so I let her know we would pray for her.  24 hours later she was all better.  Yay!
                Adriel is excited to drop a class for the next semester.  She has decided she doesn’t want to be a coroner anymore.  She is leaning more towards being an elementary school teacher.  I can see her enjoying that.
                Seth cracks me up.  He has told me he likes the acne on his face because it keeps the girls away.  In that case, I like it also.  Seth did share a concern that it might not be working though.  Three girls shout his name with excitement when he comes into a classroom.  Seth said this is disturbing.  (But I did notice he smiled at the recollection.) 
                Seth has the amazing ability to eat an entire Freschetta Cheese Pizza.  Such loss!  Bobby brought home a pizza, and I warned him about Seth’s ability.  Seth came over and said, “The toppings don’t look too disgusting.” 
                My heart warms because Seth is sharing his gaming computer with Adriel.  Adriel’s broke, she will probably have to wait until after finals to fix it.  I find it super that they get along in this way.
                I asked, and Seth said he likes cats better than dogs.  Cats are less annoying than dogs even though we both agreed cats are much more annoyed. 
                Seth said yes to a ministry opportunity!  Bobby and I were so proud of him for doing an excellent job with the power point during the Sunday morning service.  Yeah J.  Go, Seth.  He’s only 14, but he’s got this J.

                Life is so very precious!  As I am thinking of this – the right to life – the gift of life, I feel blessed to be alive.  On the other hand, I am excited about Heaven.  Heaven is going to be so amazing compared to this beautiful life!  So, with the time I am given I will focus on the good, choose to do what God tells me to do, enjoy the temporary place I dwell. 
                May you find peace and joy wherever God has you.  May you bless those you encounter.  May we never take anything, even our breath, for granted.
                Much Love J Cristy

                

No comments:

Post a Comment