Monday, February 12, 2018

2/12/18

Dear Family,

            One criterion I have for, “Is this worth whining about?” is, will this matter in five years?  This question helps me put things in perspective.  Sickness passes, insults fade, we can overcome delays, you get the picture.  I will admit this week felt tough but in five years I won’t remember any of the hardships and this is comforting. 
            At the beginning of this week, Adriel and Bobby were sick, Ripley had holes in her body, two of my coworkers were sick (out of 9), and my computer was in the shop.  By Thursday after Ripley had freaked out on the car ride to the Vet enough to get herself bloody I just sat down in my car and cried.  Thank goodness these things pass! 
The vet told me Ripley could be out of her carrier in the car – she enjoyed looking out the window and sniffing the car interior on the ride home.  By the end of the week Adriel and Bobby are getting better, my co-workers healed enough to work, and the tech said I just needed to reinstall windows. 
            Even so, it is good to let stress out, cry and let go.  God is in control, I am glad that I am not.  My time here is temporary.  I am excited to enjoy time with Him in his kingdom.  “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.” Romans 8:18  Truly, I also know, last week was nothing compared to what refugees face today.  I truly have it good.
            Bobby had a craving and noticed I was sad on Thursday.  He asked if he could help me out with Chinese food.  I said no, and he let it go but . . . But. . . When he SAID, he was craving Chinese food the entire family started to feel the same way.  By Sunday it was beautiful that Bobby brought home some take out.  Seth thanked him three times.
            Ripley was a comfort to me this week.  She may be wearing her cone, but she still plays and purrs.  She just purred as she sat on my chest the other day, and she helped fill the hole that sometimes seems to cave in that very chest cavity.  She poured in the purr, and I love purring.  Purring is symbolic to me of, “I am content, I am happy, I am glad to be with you.”  I love purring.
            Bobby felt healthy enough to go to the men's retreat.  He talked about how funny the speaker was and how enjoyed the company of friends.
            Adriel made another drawing for my book.  She did way more than I expected.  Her drawings bless me.  She also was able to be with friends and have her picture taken.  What nice friends.

            Seth is the master of reinstalling operating systems.  Seth blessed me by installing Windows 8.1 which he says is the safest for privacy.  I am going to trust Seth more.  Also, he helps hold down Ripley for her daily medicine on her wounds.  Seth blesses me in that.  He also gives Ripley fresh water.  She meows in anticipation, and I find it endearing how much he loves her.
            Bobby and I were able to celebrate Valentine's day early since we won’t see each other Wednesday.  It was nice to go out, enjoy good food and each others company.  With over 20 years of back history, I enjoy reviewing some of our stories.  We can laugh about the past, remember the good and be glad to have each other still.
            May you find joy in those you encounter.  May the answer to, “Will this matter in five years?” help you gain perspective.  May you also generate habits that will matter in the years to come.  Much love,

Cristy
           


No comments:

Post a Comment