Monday, March 5, 2018

3/5/18

Dear Family,
                Being great full for the mundane is a precious treasure.  I can think back and smile knowing that although this week didn’t shine in newness, it did have peace and strength. 
                Adriel brought me shopping, and it was fun to hear her stories and know that she is doing well.  I know she lives with us still but spending time together is special until it’s past my bedtime (7 PM).  Then I want to die, but I promised myself I wouldn’t be that parent.  I would talk and talk as a teen, and I remember my dad would say, “OK, that’s wonderful, it’s 10 PM, time to go watch the news.”  I remember bristling!  How could anything be more important than ME!  So, I try to be there when a story is wrapping up.  I try not to whine and beg to go to bed.  I try.
                Adriel brought some friends over.  I am glad she feels comfortable to do so.  I was also glad to have them over because I was cooking cupcakes and needed help eating them.  Yeah for teens!
                Adriel was able to babysit this Friday at our house, and it is fun to hear chipmunk voices.  Little ones are so dramatic!  It is fun to hear Adriel in the parental role saying, “Calm down,” or, “I’m going to fix your food now.”  She’s a great caretaker, and the kids love her – although one did say, “I love my blanket so much, I even love it more than you!”
                Seth remains generous with his computer.  He is such a blessing to Adriel, and I love that he shares what is truly his thru and thru.  He is also taking apart computers trying to make her one that works for her.  I love that he is thinking about her and trying to get her back on her feet. 
Seth redid some homework.  I am very glad he cares about getting things done right.  Seth also mowed the lawn and helped move some broken concrete.  He’s strong enough, and that’s neat!
                Bobby cooked yummy food this week, and it’s always a blessing to sit and eat together.  Bobby continues to make the bed, and this is a blessing to me.
                You know, I started writing this thinking – meh – not too exciting.  But after writing these things in detail, I feel blessed!  God continues to grow our family.  The kids are getting taller, more mature.  Bobby and I are growing more and more in love each day.  We aren’t stupid in love anymore, we are strong in love, and it’s great.
                This Sunday I was able to hear Greg Denny give a wonderful sermon that made me think.  So, Ephesians 1:3-4 says that God loves us even before he created the world.  This reminds me of our babies and my kitten.  We prepared the nursery for the kids with great anticipation.  I bought a special door so that I could have a cat door.  We dreamed of what it would be like to have our kids, and I dreamed what it would be like to have kittens.  Anyway, I love Ripley more than any other cat I had.  This is probably because I waited months if not years for her.  I know God loves us way more than we love our kids and I love our cat.  It’s pretty cool.  May you feel as loved as you are my family.

Much Love J Cristy

                

No comments:

Post a Comment