Monday, March 19, 2018

4/19/18

Dear Family,
                We survived another week of school and work!  Doesn’t it feel that way sometimes?  We should get a medal just for doing the things we normally do – it’s so hard!  We could call in sick, we could – but we don’t and time flies.  I’m so excited about spring break.  I had several great times at work, and I do love the people I work with so – yes, it is good to continue to soldier on even if our bodies hurt and we feel tired.  “I did not come to be served, but to serve.” Mark 10:45.  With a great example like Jesus, we can know what the right thing is and do it.
                Bobby and I enjoyed a date this week.  It’s nice just to sit and be together.  He can be great company.  Bobby also cleaned out the dishwasher twice this week and it’s so nice when he helps – there’s so much to do!  Sometimes I don’t notice things – but this week I did – Bobby plays guitar very well.  I enjoy singing with him at youth group and home group.  How neat that he can have and use that talent. 
                Bobby also cooked several meals this week, and I enjoyed spending time with him afterward.  I also enjoyed taking pictures at a Nerf war with the Junior High group.  It is always super to get pictures of people smiling and laughing.

                Poor Adriel, she had a concert and was just exhausted.  I am proud of her for keeping on with all the activities she has.  I know teens have energy and I hope she continues to use hers for good.  Adriel also made a drawing for me.  Her creativity can be so beautiful and useful.  I am glad I will have a book illustrated by her.
                Seth laughed and laughed when Ripley brought in a dead bird because of my mixed emotions and mixed words.  “Good Job Ripley!  Oh, poor Birdie!”  I am glad she’s a killer – that’s her job, but – I was hoping for mice or rats.  Eeeek.  So Seth was laughing at my “Poor Birdie” part.  He held Ripley and told me I should, “Get rid of the bird before it starts stinking.”  So, I did.
                It was good that our whole family helped with the church clean up.  Dave Russell even told me later that he enjoyed having Seth help out.  I know that I’ll be cleaning more as I wait in the nursery for the babies to arrive. 
                Ripley gave me an illustration this week.  The poor girl is still young, she has no one to tell her right from wrong.  After the bird incident, I believe she decided that it’s fun to climb trees.  And, I suppose it is.  Ripley decided to climb a pine tree and had sap all over her paws and tail.  The poor kitty has no one to tell her that sap is just like sin.  If we follow our own path and it seems the right thing to do we don’t always know the consequences of our actions.  We don’t know until it’s too late that we made a bad decision.  We do notice when we are sticky, and we can’t do what we used to.  Ripley was subdued for about two days as she took her time getting sap out and as we helped her with oil on her feet (she did not like this).  I don’t think Ripley will make the same mistake with that tree again.

                May you continue to be strong for the tasks that lie ahead of you.  May you go and do good even if you don’t want to.  May you avoid the sticky situations of life.  May you find joy in the simple and in the seasons.  Much love,



Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment