Monday, March 12, 2018

3/12/18

Dear Family,

            Have you ever decided, “They will never notice,” is a good reason to do something or . . . Not to.  I have often been baffled by how much my husband does notice.  He even notices things I sometimes don’t.  Once he mentioned, my chocolate chip cookies didn’t have brown sugar in them.  By golly he hit it spot on.  Even I didn’t notice that one – maybe they were a little more white.  All this to say that a couple of days after Seth so wonderfully mowed our back lawn.  I noticed he didn’t mow the front lawn.  I had him do it this week but had to chuckle when he said, “Awww, I thought you wouldn’t notice.”  I wonder if God laughs at our silly attempts at hiding.  I remember this child once had blackberries all over his mouth and face.  When his mom asked, “What have you been eating?”  He said, “Nothing.”  We all had to laugh.  Some things are just so obvious!
            Seth brought Ripley to me one day, and it just warms my heart that he gives me someone so soft and fuzzy.  Seth was thinking of me, and it was very sweet.
            Seth is now on rotation at church for the soundboard.  I wondered where he was.  When Bobby told me he was back there I looked behind me expecting to see an inch of the top of his head.  Seth has grown so much I saw his entire head!  How fun!  I am so glad he’s accepted a position of service at church. 
            Seth was playing games with friends online, and I had the Guardians of the Galaxy on loud while I worked in the kitchen.  He is located closer, so it was probably loud enough for his friends online to hear.  Seth said, “If you hear yelling, it’s a movie, not my parents.”  I had to add, “If you hear gunshots it’s also the movie, not your parents.”  We both had to chuckle about that one.  No one wants that much drama happening for real.
            Adriel has been drawing many things.  She is immensely creative, and I am very proud of her.
            Adriel had a class canceled (the teacher let them go), she came home made herself lunch and cleaned out the dishwasher all by herself.  This kind of thing gives me warm fuzzies all over!
            Bobby is very sweet about having me at youth group.  He thanks me for coming and is nice to me when I am there.  Homegroup is also a nice time.  We have fewer kids coming (the teens have stopped).  Because of this, we can talk more freely, and the food is much more abundant.  Nice!
            Bobby was able to take some time training with other leaders at Tapawingo.  He said it’s always nice to focus on God’s word.  I also enjoy reading God’s word and learning what He cares about. 
May you enjoy reading His letter to us.  May you find joy knowing that the creator of the universe loves you and is reaching out, inviting you to be his friend.

            Much Love J Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment