Monday, March 26, 2018

3/26/18

Dear Family,
            Ahhh, Spring break!  How exciting to have time!  To be able to finish projects or tackle some new ones.  I truly love the gift of time! 
            This week Bobby made a point to cook some yummy soup.  We enjoyed a meal as a family, and it’s fun just to be together.
            Tuesday night I was able to attend youth group when Bobby announced there would be no activities the next week.  One student found out he was leaving town and it was fun to hear, “Take me with you!”  I am glad the youth love Bobby that much.  (Or maybe it’s because they knew where he was going.)
            As Adriel and Bobby were packing, Adriel needed to have a conversation about a boy that she likes, and he likes her.  Bobby is bristling but knows he has to let go.  Adriel just wants to be able to hold this guy’s hand without Bobby freaking out.  Will there be murder on the Band trip this week?  We will have to find out.  Either way, it’s age appropriate to have a boyfriend at the age of 16.  How fun!
Seth was sad there was no youth group on Wednesday.  He likes learning about God.  I love it that he legitimately said, “Aww” in a sad way. 
            While Bobby and Adriel are in Hawaii with the band, Bobby and I planned Seth’s spring break to be special as well.  I wanted to video his reaction, but Seth said, “No.”  He likes his privacy.  Since this annoyed me, I said, “Fine, but I’m not telling you the exciting surprise until five minutes from now,” and put a timer on.  Seth started guessing, but I wouldn’t sway.  He lasted three minutes.  I enjoyed telling Seth he gets to buy a new computer.  Seth thanked Dad in an all-caps text, so that is very fun.  (The video cut’s Seth's head off, and I’m sure I’m not allowed to show it.)  Either way, Seth is excited about the package I will pick up Wednesday.

            I wanted Seth to take Karate out of the gratefulness of his heart.  He refuses, and that’s OK.  What is nice is that he did thank me for the opportunity even though he is saying no.  He can be very polite, and that is sweet.
One day Seth said, “It’s like someone gave Ripley a shot of adrenaline.”  My response is that people don’t randomly go out to the street and give cats shots.  Seth said, “Then how do you explain this behavior?”  Ripley was running around chasing air.  Later on, I checked her toys – yup, several have catnip in them.  That would do it!

This Sunday I was able to teach Sunday school.  The junior High Kids are wild even that early in the morning.  I was surprised!  Either way, that experience gave me an even greater appreciation for Bobby.  He has his hands full.
May you find joy knowing that Jesus came like an Undercover Boss and left us with the gift of salvation.  Jesus also set up a mentor program for us and left the Holy Spirit.  May you enjoy the beauty of flowers and the freshness of rain!  Much love J Cristy
           


No comments:

Post a Comment