Monday, November 6, 2017

11/6/17

Dear Family,

            How wonderful it is to look back and see that God continues to work thru all things and in all things.
            Bobby and I were able to squeeze a date in on Monday and it was fun to enjoy wonderful food and share our life.  I am so glad we are still good company for each other. 
            Bobby took time to make a wonderful dinner for our family even in the business of getting ready for a Junior High trip.  He’s home safe and sound.  I’m glad he enjoys his work.
            Halloween is always a blast here!  I enjoy helping West Hills out with the harvest party.  Even though the weather was great we had a wonderful turnout and many people came for our Star Wars themed Harvest party.  The youth are able to help and then gather leftover candy.  So, much, fun!  At home, I made Seth share candy by dumping mine and his in a bowl for the whole family.  Maybe I should have been smarter – maybe I shouldn’t have shared at all.  I don’t know – but it’s gone now and that is that. 
            Seth can be very helpful.  He is working with me on getting some church VHS onto DVD format.  I am glad he’s willing to set his mind to hard things and it helps me brainstorm.  It’s not a done deal yet, but things are moving along.
            Adriel is fun.  She insisted she had to show me this cringy dance on YouTube.  It took her a while and it was funny.  I just wish it wasn’t past my bedtime.  I feel like I’m dying of exhaustion (I’m not) but I remember promising myself when I was a teen that I would listen to my kids sooooo.  I waited and was rewarded with a silly laugh.
            Adriel can be super adorable.  She brought some friends home to make dinner for them.  She was excited, jumping around the kitchen and it was fun to see her try her hand at being domestic.  All were happily full by the time they left.
            I am guessing Marching band won a competition again.  They went and played.  I just checked.  (http://www.statesmanjournal.com/picture-gallery/entertainment/arts/2017/11/05/photos-salem-schools-compete-in-marching-band-championships/107366614/) Yup, they won again.  Great group of kids.  That was their last Hurrah for this season.  Yeah!  It’s over.
          Also please pray for Bobby as he is being Ordained on Saturday.
            May your joy overcome any hardship or sorrow.  May you find peace and love all around you.  Hugs J 

Cristy


2 comments:

  1. A BIG congratulations to Bobby for being ordained on Saturday. That is very exciting.

    It's kind of scary for even not-so-huge churches these days. What does your church have in place if someone were to come in like they did in Texas yesterday?

    ReplyDelete