Monday, November 27, 2017

11/27/17

Dear Family,
                It’s interesting how we affect each other.  To visit family, we are willing to travel hours or take hours to clean.  As holidays draw near, we leave our beloved pet to the care of others, and the sacrifice is worth it.  It is good to visit and share love, food and hugs.
                I am so impressed by Adriel and Seth.  On both drives, they have matured enough that there were zero squabbles about touching, looking, anything!  We were able to listen to some comedy and music.  There was calm, and it was beneficial.  I love peace.  I was even able to sleep for about an hour.  Aren’t you glad I wasn’t the driver?
                 After about an hour of settling in and chatting with my dad, Adriel requested to go to Pike Place Market in Seattle.  Seth and I both opted out since we didn’t want to get in the car again.  My Dad was willing because he loves Adriel that much.  Bobby was OK with going but asked Adriel if she wanted this to be a her and grandpa thing.  “Nooo, you are my financier.”  So they went and had a good time.
                I enjoyed playing board games with my parents and our teens.  It’s fun to sharpen the brain, test our skills and enjoy each others company.  I also found that mom plays scrabble without the big dictionaries anymore.  Now there’s an app for that.  It was also fun to have dad say, “I’m drawing a blank – it must be my old age.”  He was holding a domino with double 0.  Being punny is fun J.

                My sister is brilliant.  She knows a place where kids and teens can relate well.  It worked to bring our families to a trampoline place!  I enjoyed watching all our kids interact.  My kids will even smile for Anita’s camera.  How fun to have them bounce, get energy out and enjoy each other’s company.  
Later we were able to relax at Doug and Anita’s beautiful home.  Adriel enjoyed crafting with the kids, and I loved how everyone got along.  Anita is a supporter of the arts.  She had cupboards full of crafting supplies.  Adriel was in crafting heaven.
                The next morning Adriel Bobby, Anita and Addie were able to run in a turkey trot.  It was fun to hear how fast and sore they were.  They enjoyed themselves and were very hungry for Thanksgiving dinner.

                I love how teachers can influence students.  In history class, Adriel’s teacher dared each student to dress as a pilgrim and pose as a conqueror at the Thanksgiving dinner table.  Adriel made sure to get permission.  I believe this picture of our Thanksgiving dinner is my favourite.  Adriel is doing the pose, Seth is face planting, and the rest of the people look surprised.  How fun!

                The teachers at West High school are fabulous!  I enjoyed parent-teacher conferences as I shadowed Seth.  The Spanish teacher was telling Seth he could get an A if he just practised, practised, practised.  She repeated this enough that Seth started getting uncomfortable.  I had to look up his grade when we were home.  He is doing just fine with a B.  Why in the world would he want to practice more?  For English, they have been studying the genera of Horror.  I have been lamenting this because I just hate horror.  My whining came up, and Seth had to clarify that, “Mom is an extreme Christian.” 
                I enjoyed walking the halls of West and hearing people say, “Hi, Seth.”  People like him.  He is still bad about saying, “Hi” back but it’s been that way since grade school.
                At home, I have been able to borrow a PS2 game player from church friends.  Seth and Bobby helped me test PS2 games.  I had 29!  I’m trying to sell these things and Christmas time seems to be the time everything sells.  It seemed to take all day!  I feel blessed to have a church family that is willing to lend a gaming system.  Also, I was shopping for a monitor at UGM, and there were none to be found.  I said “Hi” to someone else from church who happened to be there I mentioned my chagrin, and she texted her husband, and they had a monitor in Bobby’s office for us the next day.  WOW!  Thanks to the McNinch and Lockhart families!
                Adriel is having fun with friends.  She is excellent company; I understand why people want to have her over.  It is good that Bobby has installed the form for her to write down all the questions he would ask.  Now I have a paper that guides us through the whole “Where is Adriel?” realm.  Me saying, “With friends,” wasn’t doing it.
Dad VanKleek and Sandy dropped by to say, “Hi”.  It was fun seeing them! 
Sunday morning at church I looked behind me in the pew and didn’t see Adriel.  Yup, she was serving with the little people.  I am proud that Adriel is able and willing to help.  She is a great person, and I am glad to be her mom.
Family is great!  I am so glad to have you in mine J.  Thank you for reading, enjoying and being a part of my life.  As we focused on thankfulness, I am thinking of you.  Much Love,



Cristy

1 comment: