Monday, December 4, 2017

12/4/17

Dear Family,

            Life certainly remains interesting!  Bobby cooked several yummy meals.  It was great to hear the kids compliment him.  I enjoyed a date with Bobby, and it’s terrific that he remains good company.
            This week was awards night for Marching band.  I enjoyed listening to their silly awards and hearing the director talk of how he figured out they were going to win regionals.  He judges competitions, and was thinking, “Well, we are better than that one, and that one . . . “  He said while they played he was shaking and crying because he just knew.  It was fun to hear that he was that excited.  He wants to bring them to Nationals next year.  Goodness!  It was nice that Adriel thanked me for going.
            Seth greeted me at the door one evening with, “Do you want the kitten?”  That’s one of the sweetest things someone can say to me!
            The youth group was a bit empty around 6:30 PM and Bobby said, “They usually don’t come the night after a holiday.  About 6:35 we had record attendance with friends of friends attending.  It was fun to feel the energy and to see the excitement youth always bring to the table.
            Bobby braved the great outdoors to get our tree all by himself this year.  It was great to come home to a tree already set up.  What a guy!
            I enjoy watching Bones with our family.  She is charming, and I like how she says, “I’m not that good with social skills.”  It’s nice to see someone portrayed as apologetic and kind instead of pompous and overbearing like House or Big Bang.  (House just went downhill.  He’s so nasty I had to stop watching.)
            Our kitten cracks me up.  She chases balls, bells, and nerfs darts.  Seth enjoys shooting Nerf darts and watching her run to get them.  What fun! 
            I am so thankful for the joy and peace Jesus brings to our household.  We are modelled forgiveness and can work out life together.  May you find comfort in knowing your sins have been paid for.  May you rejoice that God came down to us and wants to relate. 

Much Love,

Cristy

            

No comments:

Post a Comment