Monday, December 11, 2017

12/11/17

Dear Family,

            Even in the wintery, blustery cold, there is beauty among us.  The lights are beautiful!  I am glad humanity chooses to give time, money, and effort into keeping landscape cheery. 
            I am also glad Bobby chooses to cook.  This week he made some Chinese food, and everyone loved it. 
I also chose to make something this week.  I made cookies.  I have been buying whole wheat flour, so when we ran out of the white, I used whole wheat.  I believe there is nothing wrong with whole wheat cookies.  The kids thought otherwise.  Seth gagged and spat his bite out.  Drama in real life!  The next day I went out and bought white flour – goodness.  After I checked out Adriel had to text me saying, actually, the cookies were good – when she added frosting.  She had eaten four. I had to laugh – teens keep surprising me.
Adriel’s had no time at home because of, “Winter at West.”  They had practice and then performances every night last week– two on Saturdays.  I am so glad that is all done!
Seth cracks me up.  He loves playing with Ripley – she runs to catch things he throws.  He also enjoys petting her.  She will just lay spread eagle on his lap.  I wish Seth would let me take a picture of them without wrenching the phone out of my hands and deleting them immediately.
I enjoyed helping with the youth group and attending HomeGroup.  Bobby leads well, and it is fun being more part of his life.
Bobby also went to a play at Western Mennonite.  Several youths were actors, and I wish I had been able to go. 
Bobby and I also enjoyed attending Jacob Young and Rebecca Elmer's wedding.  They are adorable and are very excited to be married.
            Seth is excited to inherit Bobby’s old laptop.  I am glad Seth is getting some use out of it.  It’s dying.  Seth also mowed the lawn this weekend.  What a great guy J.
            May you feel joy and excitement as you anticipate the celebrations to come.  May you give love to all around you.  Hugs,


Cristy

            

No comments:

Post a Comment